Reaction score
I'll recap as best I can.

Started talking about possibly trading up with Minny for #3 pick for Claiborn. Too far fetched to recap.

Cowboys need to stand in there and make picks.
Tyron Smith was Jason Garretts guy.
Strength of Garrett is he trusts player personnel side.

More talk of Minny trade. ZZZZ.

Kirkpatrick is a name we'll hear about. Kennard. Jenkins. At 14 youre looking at the 2nd third or fourth best corner.
Or you can get the best guard. Not sexy. But had success with Tyron.

Commercial break: Talk of trading Romo or Dez to follow in response to fans texts. Not going to recap because its dumb. Will recap more and post in thread.

C

Cr122

I still think we can get a good corner in the second or third rounds.

I'd rather see us draft OL, OLB or DE/DT at 14.

Reaction score
What can Dallas get for Dez in a trade? Three differnt GM's told BB that they wouldnt touch him.

Waste of a time talking about players the Cowboys aren't going to trade.

C

Cr122

It is a waste of time...Jerry wouldn't even think of it.

Why are they talking about this bullshit.

Reaction score
Back from commercial and they're back talking about Minny wanting to trade the #3 pick, and talking about trading Cowboys players to get there.
Dez Bryant is the most tradeable player we have, per Archer and the hosts.
Felix Jones is another guy.
Felix might get you a fourth or fifth round pick.
Once people know you wnat to trade a guy you're not going to get value for that guy.
Maybe get a 2nd for Dez if someone offered it to you. More likely a three or a four.
One thing Jerry is horrible at is he is really bad at cutting losses.
Ride or die with Marty B.
Does not cut his losses. Might not be stubborness or ego, but be optomism. Wants to ride out underperforming player hoping they turn it around.

Reaction score
If Jerry says I want a player on the field but Jason says No way in hell, who wins that battle.
BB - Jerry wins that battle. But if Jason did not believe a player has value, team will get rid of them. Barber leaving was all Jason.

Segment over. Delete this thread. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't see how Bennett is indicative of anything. He had a role on this team and did it better than Phillips. When it looked like Phillips might supplant him he got hurt then didn't look as dynamic coming back. He basically played third tackle for us for years there was no reason to get rid of him and noone to replace him with.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ben and Skin really want to trade Dez. Would take a fourth. maybe a 5th for him.

Now mind you I'm a Dez fan so I'm jaded but the risk we took on Dez looks really stupid if we turn around and trade him for a nothing draft pick. We will have to ride this one out.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Screw getting the 3rd or 4th best CB.

If DeCastro is there, I don't see how Dallas can justify passing.

Fix the fucking line, Jerry.

Reaction score
Screw getting the 3rd or 4th best CB.

If DeCastro is there, I don't see how Dallas can justify passing.

Fix the fucking line, Jerry.

Well, if we get Nicks, then we absolutely won't draft DeCastro. I can all but guarantee it.

The team will buy into Callahan getting either Arkin, Kowalski, or Costa ready. And we'll draft a sexy player instead.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, if we get Nicks, then we absolutely won't draft DeCastro. I can all but guarantee it.

The team will buy into Callahan getting either Arkin, Kowalski, or Costa ready. And we'll draft a sexy player instead.

It's not like we don't seriously need secondary help.

When Murray played it actually looked like the line was competent. There was never a time in the season when I felt the same about the secondary.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

That's just fucking stupid.

We'll have more years of watching half of an OL struggle every other week and be sitting at the same spot next year.

With the way Free played, I'd say the team has 1 capable OL right now. Nicks would be a huge upgrade but wouldn't do anything for the other 3 holes.

Now, maybe a move back to RT will bring the old Free back but who knows.

I'd rather use FA to get a CB. I'd use the 2nd rounder too to get a CB but the 1st round pick should go a player on the OL regardless of what happens with Nicks.

Free, DeCastro and Nicks would be a solid foundation to build upon for a long time.

This team simply cannot get buy with thinking they can turn a shit burger into an edible meal.

The OL is a complete disaster right now and 1 man will not fix it. The secondary is pretty shitty too but I'd rather get a few middle-pack guys to come in. One Rookie CB will not suddenly turn the defense around. They need 2 fresh faces back there, at least.

I think a player like DeCastro who's rated as high as he is at his position does more for this team than a CB does.

Reaction score
Not even about the yardage, ppg, or playcalls. Our OL always fails us in a big game. The sane thing will happen if we were lucky enough to face the giants in a big game

We'll have more years of watching half of an OL struggle every other week and be sitting at the same spot next year.

With the way Free played, I'd say the team has 1 capable OL right now. Nicks would be a huge upgrade but wouldn't do anything for the other 3 holes.

I'd rather use FA to get a CB. I'd use the 2nd rounder too to get a CB but the 1st round pick should go a player on the OL regardless of what happens with Nicks.

Free, DeCastro and Nicks would be a solid foundation to build upon for a long time.

This team simply cannot get buy with thinking they can turn a shit burger into an edible meal.

The OL is a complete disaster right now and 1 man will not fix it. The secondary is pretty shitty too but I'd rather get a few middle-pack guys to come in. One Rookie CB will not suddenly turn the defense around. They need 2 fresh faces back there, at least.

I think a player like DeCastro who's rated as high as he is at his position does more for this team than a CB does.

But our rush will also fail us in any late drive scenario. Good qb's aren't failing in need to score drives

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

What about Smith?

HoofbiteThis team simply cannot get buy with thinking they can turn a shit burger into an edible meal. The OL is a complete disaster right now and 1 man will not fix it. The secondary is pretty shitty too but I'd rather get a few middle-pack guys to come in. One Rookie CB will not suddenly turn the defense around. They need 2 fresh faces back there said:
I think a player like DeCastro who's rated as high as he is at his position does more for this team than a CB does.[/B]

Indeed. What people are failing to grasp is that you can have all-pros at every position on defense, but if the offense continues to stall on drives and go 3 and outs, to where it tires out the defense, then what's the point?

Fix the Oline FIRST. That will help the offense overall---because the offense will be able to sustain drives and score and cut down on the 3 and outs, and thereby keep our defense off the field, and as a result that will help the defense.

If we don't get DeCastro, then we need to get at least either Zeitler or Ben Jones. An Oline with Nicks, Zeitler, Free, Smith, and Kowalski at the Center, would be a very good Oline. Much better than last year. No fucking way should we go into the season with Costa starting at Center.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What about Smith?

Indeed. What people are failing to grasp is that you can have all-pros at every position on defense, but if the offense continues to stall on drives and go 3 and outs, to where it tires out the defense, then what's the point?

Fix the Oline FIRST. That will help the offense overall---because the offense will be able to sustain drives and score and cut down on the 3 and outs, and thereby keep our defense off the field, and as a result that will help the defense.

If we don't get DeCastro, then we need to get at least either Zeitler or Ben Jones. An Oline with Nicks, Zeitler, Free, Smith, and Kowalski at the Center, would be a very good Oline. Much better than last year. No fucking way should we go into the season with Costa starting at Center.

I was trying to imply that Smith was all the team has cause Free has been playing like shit compared to what was expected.

Top Bottom