bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Green can't stay healthy, so hoping he's ok all year is silly at best. I think he'd be a great player, but he can't stay healthy. Now others have suddenly become steady after starting off as injury prone (see Marc Columbo), but is Cleary a good enough backup swing T or do we need to invest a pick in a replacement. Then again, what if the kid from Wisconsin is still on the board at #28? What about Forrest Lamp ? Take Lamp and move Collins outside? Take Wisconsin kid?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not surprised, he's been pretty beat up past few seasons. Was better than most gave him credit for but when he was bad, he was really bad.

Chaz Green proving he can stay healthy and winning the job would be ideal here. Much more gifted athletically than Free, and also more physical. Big if with him staying healthy, he couldn't do it at Florida and hasn't done it here in two years either.

Not a great OT draft, but there are a few guys who could be available late round 2, into round 3 and perhaps 4 who might make sense for us. Roderick Johnson from FSU, Adam Bisnowaty from Pitt, Will Holden from Vandy and maybe small school Bucknell guy Julie'n Davenport.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We also picked up around 5 million in cap room with Free's retirement.

Be interesting to see what (if anything) they do with it.

We'll also pick up at least another 5 mils in cap space once the Romo decision comes.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We're losing a lot of dead weight this offseason.
Surprisingly.

I wonder though who will fill Free's shoes, as the Cowboys #1 drive killer and 1st down quasher via idiot-stick pre-snap penalty.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Surprisingly.

I wonder though who will fill Free's shoes, as the Cowboys #1 drive killer and 1st down quasher via idiot-stick pre-snap penalty.

Chaz Green for about 3 plays, until he suffers a vaginal sprain.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I bet the cowboys were trying to get him to cut his salary again and he finally decided to say fuck this shit

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I bet the cowboys were trying to get him to cut his salary again and he finally decided to say fuck this shit
Maybe they told him they were gonna start fining this idiot 5 grand for every bonehead drive killing penalty he commits.

Nah. That would be too much like Jimmy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This piece of shit is our most penalized player since 2010, in fact leading the team in penalties against, for five of the last seven seasons. In fact the only seasons he didn't lead the team in penalties is when he wasn't a starter or when he missed games due to injury. Good fucking riddance is all I can say. Can't stand this fuck and never could. Just a fucking drive killer.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Thanks for growing the site. Same 12 dudes posting.
I don't give two shits about growing the site. All I do is pay the bill and read along, and play along. No ads no spam no nonsense, and no censorship. But, bullshit gets challenged. Bullshit like "we will miss Doug Free." What part of loser culture do you not understand? Free represents that. He's a piece of shit that's stopped as many of our scoring drives over the years than the opponent defense has.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Free was a locker room guy. Vet. Will miss him.

Free served his purpose. Helped groom these younger linemen but this past season was rough. We needed an upgrade there in the worst way. Hopefully we can snag a vet to compete with Green because this draft doesn't look too promising.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Glad Free retired. This organization would have been too stupid to cut him, or at least remove him from the starting lineup. One of the major problems with this organization is that they hold onto players way past their expiration date.

Top Bottom