LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with who his brother is. And I knew that is exactly why you or anyone would have a problem with him because otherwise he is a solid football player.

Sure it does. And yes, he is a solid football player, but he's been overhyped because of his bloodline.

Reaction score
Bloodlines should matter. It shouldn't be something you hang your hat on, but it definitely should be seen as a plus if you come from a football family.

At the very least you know Matthews is a tough kid raised the right way. With a really good mentor in Green Bay who can teach him the tricks of the trade as much as an OLB can for an ILB.

Bloodlines ? Carpenter has Bloodlines and I'm not sold on toughness without talent otherwise we should raid MMA.

More on Bloodlines, Walter Payton was probably one of the top 3 or 4 athletes to play in the NFL but his son and brother wellllll. There are many others.

Last edited:

sbk92

Reaction score
Bloodlines ? Carpenter has Bloodlines and I'm not sold on toughness without talent otherwise we should raid MMA.

More on Bloodlines, Walter Payton was probably one of the top 3 or 4 athletes to play in the NFL but his son and brother wellllll. There are many others.

You apparently can't read too well.

I can list a ton of players who had speed and failed. Does that mean speed isn't something you should value in a player?

Bloodlines are a plus.

Reaction score

I can list a ton of players who had speed and failed. Does that mean speed isn't something you should value in a player?

Bloodlines are a plus.

You can save your affront. Bloodlines are a plus but not a determining factor in my eyes.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Bloodlines are a plus.

Sorry but these are not thoroughbred horses we are talking about. Speaking of bloodlines, I suspect that Clay Matthews BLOOD is LINED with steroids.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Sure it does. And yes, he is a solid football player, but he's been overhyped because of his bloodline.

We're not talking about using a first round pick on the guy. He grades out to be a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Besides, you don't hate on a player just because he's being "overhyped", thats asinine. He is what he is regardless of any hype or who is brother is.

Now, when you wanna look at some determining factors or tie-breakers, then you have to consider bloodlines. And to me thats when "who his brother is" matters. It helps ease the bust factor.

If another Manning ever came out he would, without a doubt, be favored over another player who held the same grade.

Shit, just this season we're looking at how many different players with high grades whose fathers, uncles, etc. have played in the league before. . . Pouncey, Matthews, Ingram, Heyward, Jordan, and Wisniewski.

DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Draft Matthews in the mid rounds, and pair him with Lee. We'll have two intelligent, intense, high motor guys who love football. Our ILB's would be set for 5-7 years at the least.

sbk92

Reaction score
Draft Matthews in the mid rounds, and pair him with Lee. We'll have two intelligent, intense, high motor guys who love football. Our ILB's would be set for 5-7 years at the least.

That's way too much moxie for one team.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sneak peak at 2012 draft eligible Inside Linebackers..
Vontaze Burfict Arizona State
Vontaze-Burfict-Arizona-State.jpg

Manti Te'O Notre Dame
ncf_u_teo01_200.jpg

Shayne Skov Stanford
5991069.jpeg

Tank Carder TCU
TankCarder.jpg

Dont'a Hightower Alabama
ncf_i_hightower01_200.jpg

Nico Johnson Alabama
OM.NicoJohnson_crop_340x234.jpg