dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dolphins owner trashes Sparano

Doesn't mention Parcells by name, but its clear he is taking a shot there too. Honestly I cant stand this guy and while Sparano might have been a lousy HC, the way this guy handled that whole situation was classless and pathetic.

Dolphins owner: Former coach Tony Sparano ‘damaged the whole organization’

Miami Dolphins, NFL | Comments

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said former coach Tony Sparano damaged the team. (Joel Auerbach/Getty Images)

Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said in a radio interview that former coach Tony Sparano “damaged the whole organization” and that he held a grudge when Ross courted Jim Harbaugh in 2011, reports the Miami Herald.

Ross made the comments on 790 Radio in Miami and also said it wasn’t fair to blame general manager Jeff Ireland on the team’s woes.

Harbaugh ended up being hired by the San Francisco 49ers leading them to a Super Bowl appearance this past season and Sparano was fired in December 2011. Sparano spent the 2012 season as the offensive coordinator for the New York Jets and this season will run the offensive line of the Oakland Raiders.

“He could never put it behind him,” Ross said about Sparano. “I don’t think he was the right head coach for the Miami Dolphins. I didn’t hire him. We’re a much better organization today than then. This organization is functioning the best since the [ Don] Shula days, [because] I picked the head coach with Jeff Ireland. People see this organization is really on the uptick.”

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why would it be a slight on parcells?

Trashing Ireland would be a slight on parcells, it's those two that shared a brain, not sporano.

Nice. Try though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why would it be a slight on parcells?

Trashing Ireland would be a slight on parcells, it's those two that shared a brain, not sporano.

Nice. Try though.

I didn’t hire him. We’re a much better organization today than then. This organization is functioning the best since the [ Don] Shula days,

Kilyin

Reaction score
Fuck Parcells and the New York Giants (yeah he changed the culture here, blah blah blah, but he ultimately failed and is in fact the New Jersey con-man), fuck Tony Sparano, and fuck Stephen Ross.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Top Bottom