C

Cr122

Doesn't Sound Like Barron Will Play
Posted by jellis at 8/19/2010 3:41 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Practice hasn't yet rolled around on this Thursday afternoon, so something could happen to change the outlook, but we're hearing swing tackle Alex Barron won't be able to play on Saturday at San Diego.

The starter, presumably, will be Robert Brewster, filling in for Marc Colombo and Barron, the Plan A backup. Another second-teamer will be starting on the offensive line, Montrae Holland. Wade Phillips had suggested on Wednesday that Barron was beginning to feel better, and upped his playing possibilities from doubtful to 50-50.

Rookie Sam Young will likely take over for Brewster at some point. Brewster could possibly move over to left tackle with the second team, a position he has played this preseason.

Barron is indeed getting closer, and should be able to play next week at Houston.

C

Cr122

It's figures he hasn't missed any playing time with the Rams, then as soon as he becomes a Cowboy he get's injured.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If I were Barron, I'd get my arse out there considering he's playing for next year's contract.

C

Cr122

If I were Barron, I'd get my arse out there considering he's playing for next year's contract.

We need him now. I just hope he's 100% when he gets back, because behind him it's scary.

At least Barron has played in consecutive games with the Rams at left tackle, his natural position.

I see it this way, why not play Barron at left tackle and then place Free back at right. At least try that for a while.

Holland can play the left guard position until Kosier gets back, he has played in some games as well.

Top Bottom