Reaction score
Seriously though, I didn't watch the game. Just saw some highlights of Warren Sapp (I think) breaking down his play on NFL Network.

Looked decent in the few snaps they showed.

C

Cr122

I'll throw it to the board. Did Doug Free physically dominate on Sunday?

I say no. He was good in limited time. Nothing more than that.

I also say no, and the word we are looking for is solid.

He didn't play flawlessly when he was in there.

Reaction score
I'll throw it to the board. Did Doug Free physically dominate on Sunday?

I say no. He was good in limited time. Nothing more than that.

I don't think he dominated Sunday but he did a excellent job on his guy from getting to Tony...and I also agree its just one game and one series in the preseason so there is no true way to tell yet

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't think he dominated Sunday but he did a excellent job on his guy from getting to Tony...and I also agree its just one game and one series in the preseason so there is no true way to tell yet

I'm willing to say right now that there is no way I'll be content with Doug Free as our starting LT.

He's probably a better option than Flozell at this point in his career, but that doesn't make him a good long term solution.

To me it's like having an okay QB. We can do better. We should want to do better. It's one of the critical positions on the field.

But here's the deal. I will admit if I'm wrong. I hope I am. That would mean we only need to find 4 more offensive linemen.

Reaction score
I'm willing to say right now that there is no way I'll be content with Doug Free as our starting LT.

He's probably a better option than Flozell at this point in his career, but that doesn't make him a good long term solution.

To me it's like having an okay QB. We can do better. We should want to do better. It's one of the critical positions on the field.

But here's the deal. I will admit if I'm wrong. I hope I am. That would mean we only need to find 4 more offensive linemen.

to me its obvious you like to give your neg. spin on everything to garnish attention...sorta like the media does...man we hate the media but he always talk about what they have to say because its so out there

its that your goal or is that just how it seems

sbk92

Reaction score
to me its obvious you like to give your neg. spin on everything to garnish attention...sorta like the media does...man we hate the media but he always talk about what they have to say because its so out there

its that your goal or is that just how it seems

That's just how it seems.

If the topic is our QB, RB, WR, pass rushers....I sound like a homer. When it comes to our offensive line, I sound like I have nothing good to say. Because I really don't.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I want to see Free more against the Raiders.

Yeah he was solid in the last game, not great.

Our entire offensive line needs to improve, we only had FG's last week, and we couldn't pound it in the end zone.

That shows me that there's an issue there that we have been dealing for sometime now, it's called run blocking. We suck at it.

I think Free should have gotten more reps. Davis and Gurode looked lazy.

C

Cr122

I think Free should have gotten more reps. Davis and Gurode looked lazy.

Hopefully, tomorrow night they do a better job of run blocking.

Once I see us be able to run the football consistently then I'll feel a little better about that group.

They haven't shown good pass blocking that much either, so an improvement from the entire offensive line needs to be seen.

I don't want to see just half the line or a couple of them do well, I want to see some continuity from them. Everyone has to be on the same page.

sbk92

Reaction score
Kosier's an effort guy at the end of the road.

Free's another effort guy. I'm hoping I've underrated him since it's seems he's got a long future here as the LT.

The rest of the lineman suck. Including Colombo. The depth here is at a laughable level. Sam Young. Robert Brewster. Mike Tepper. You know you're in bad shape when Montrae Holland's the gem on the bench.

C

Cr122

Kosier's an effort guy at the end of the road.

Free's another effort guy. I'm hoping I've underrated him since it's seems he's got a long future here as the LT.

The rest of the lineman suck. Including Colombo. The depth here is at a laughable level. Sam Young. Robert Brewster. Mike Tepper. You know you're in bad shape when Montrae Holland's the gem on the bench.

Yeah, I don't see why a lot of fans think our offensive line is so special. If any of our starters go down, plan on the defense winning games for us, if they can.

Top Bottom