Reaction score
See what you did there middie?? You said "hope" instead of "think." That grave error made the entire point invalid.

GTFOH

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
See what you did there middie?? You said "hope" instead of "think."
If you can't see it is two different things I don't know what to tell you. I explained it very clearly and it wasn't the first time.

You've never had a "I think it will but hope it won't" scenario in your life? Or, just the opposite? "Hope she will but think she won't."

The false premise is what made the point not valid.

I think Dallas should part ways with Dez either by cut or trade, hope they don't have to do so. Only way that hope works out is if there can be a reasonable deal done. And I don't think there is, I think the demands are too high for Dallas to be able to afford it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Who's replacing him? One of the premier offensive weapons in the league. Guys like Dez aren't easy to find.
You draft a guy and pay him a quarter of what Dez is asking. It's part of business, if his demands are too expensive for you.

Hopefully he will sign his tender and give us a stellar year next year, then hope upon hope we're in alot better cap situation next year than this. We definitely can't meet his demands, this year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think we should cut him, but I hope we don't have to.
I think that tire is going flat, but I hope it's not.

It's not like I haven't said this very same thing about Dez before, in other threads. I've been very consistent on it.

Pretend someone's being dishonest when they bust people for twisting their point, always lets you chalk up the message board WIN! LOL
Haha there is no Dez in this class
There's some receivers in this draft class who compare favorably. But more to the point, how do you address the fact that very likely, you cannot afford Dez beyond the franchise 12 mil one year stake?

Reaction score
There are zero receivers in this class that compare to Dez. And its a big assumption we wont be able to afford Dez. A, we can franchise him again. B, you assume just because a deal isn't done, it wont be.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There are zero receivers in this class that compare to Dez.
IF you are comparing them to Dez as he is right now, of course not. But there are several who compare very favorably to Dez when he was drafted.
And its a big assumption we wont be able to afford Dez. A, we can franchise him again. B, you assume just because a deal isn't done, it wont be.
Well it might be advantageous for him to not do a deal and figure on other offers since his tag is not exclusive. Orrrrr, his demands could just be unreasonable. Can we do a long term deal with him this year, with 20 million of cap space? It would really have to be a sweetheart deal, and I sure don't see one of those coming from Roc Nation. Not assuming anything really, other than pretty sure we won't see a long term deal this year. And have no idea if the cap situation will be any better next year.

He has until what, mid July to entertain other offers?
Of course, this is the guy who said Percy Harvin and Hakeem Nicks are better than Dez.
LOL

Reaction score
Dooms can I explain why you sould like an idiot?

You're saying 'I think Dallas should cut Dez, but I hope they don't have to.'

Is that right?

Then when called on it, you compare it to a think is hope wont scenario like "I think this tire is going flat, I hope it doesn't."

Is that right?

k.....

Here inlies the difference....

You're not saying "I think that tire SHOULD go flat, but I hope it wont." You're simply stating 'I think it is..."

If you were saying "I think Dallas will cut Dez, but I hope they won't" you'd have a point.

But you're not. You're expressing what you think the team SHOULD do, then immediately saying you HOPE they wont.

Does your idiocy make sense?

You're expressing a desire, then immediately suggest you're hoping against that desire.

"I think my kid SHOULD go to college. But I HOPE they don't."

"I think my wife SHOULD remain faithful. But I HOPE she doesn't."

"I think my parachute rigger SHOULD follow procedure. But I HOPE he doesn't."

And on and on and on and on.....

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You're expressing a desire, then immediately suggest you're hoping against that desire.
I am not expressing a desire. I THINK they will be better off either cutting him or making a trade, NOW while there's still not a big contract going with him. I believe they SHOULD do that, because I smell trouble ahead.

I HOPE this doesn't happen, same way we hope the tire doesn't go flat. I HOPE, my DESIRE, is for them to work this out somehow some way.

Earlier I expressed the DESIRE and the HOPE, for Dez barring a agreement, to sign his tender and give us a stellar year. THEN the HOPE is, we have a better cap situation next year than we have this year and can therefore perhaps make him a deal he will agree to. We sure as hell can't do it his year, with only 20 mill of cap space. Not and sign any of the draftees.

You don't bother READING, this is why you don't understand. You just make it what you want it to be.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Keep dancing, clown.
This thread isn't the first time I have said this very thing. I've long been on record hoping they work out a deal.

But since you don't read, you wouldn't understand that.

Reaction score
But since you don't read, you wouldn't understand that.

I read plenty. I even read the below...

This thread isn't the first time I have said this very thing. I've long been on record hoping they work out a deal.

Which came not long after you posted this:

I think they would be better off to just cut him and let him get his money somewhere else.

:popcorn-2

I know I know.... you just THINK the team would be better off without him. You don't hope that we lose him though. Amirite???? derp

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know I know.... you just THINK the team would be better off without him. You don't hope that we lose him though. Amirite???? derp
You are not right, because either you again haven't been reading or are just being obtuse.
I THINK they will be better off either cutting him or making a trade, NOW while there's still not a big contract going with him. I believe they SHOULD do that, because I smell trouble ahead.

I HOPE this doesn't happen, same way we hope the tire doesn't go flat. I HOPE, my DESIRE, is for them to work this out somehow some way.

Earlier I expressed the DESIRE and the HOPE, for Dez barring a agreement, to sign his tender and give us a stellar year. THEN the HOPE is, we have a better cap situation next year than we have this year and can therefore perhaps make him a deal he will agree to. We sure as hell can't do it his year, with only 20 mill of cap space. Not and sign any of the draftees.

Most people understand it.

But this idea that losing Dez is soooo unthinkable we go nuts at the very notion of it, no. Passes will still be caught. Life without Dez will be just fine, not a disaster at all.

Reaction score
You said that 4/18/2015 at 1:20pm.

Again.... this is you:

I've long been on record hoping they work out a deal.

And

I think they would be better off to just cut him and let him get his money somewhere else.

And you wonder why you have your reputation....

Top Bottom