Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jerry is just a figure head. He's never told any coaches anything. It's how every team in the league operates.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I dont know about that either. People like to point out how Jerry is always in the mix and thats why its not working. Ill say look at the colts. Jim Irsay is the same type of guy. Colts have had success for a decade until Manning left. Me personally its all about the coach. You either prepare and expect from your players or you dont. The owners dont play the game dont coach the game. People say Jerry changed with Parcells but Wade had more success with the players Parcells had. And Wade was supposedly a yes man.

Jerry is out there but I cant blame him for the way the team plays on sunday. There are few teams in the nfl with more talent than the Cowboys. Jerry isnt telling the coaches who to play and who not to play.

So Garrett was behind all that wasted time with Roy Williams.............

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
So Garrett was behind all that wasted time with Roy Williams.............

He was the OC. So why isnt he part of the blame? And lets not forget nobody was booing the trade of Roy Williams when Jerry made it. Hell people were waiting for that trade to be made for a yr basically. Not until he showed his success was a product of Detroits system did people hate the trade.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
He was the OC. So why isnt he part of the blame? And lets not forget nobody was booing the trade of Roy Williams when Jerry made it. Hell people were waiting for that trade to be made for a yr basically. Not until he showed his success was a product of Detroits system did people hate the trade.

You were on the wrong damn board. lol

There were plenty of people not happy with that trade when it happened. I was one of them. It was a horrific trade when we did it, and that bore itself out over the few years that followed.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You were on the wrong damn board. lol

There were plenty of people not happy with that trade when it happened. I was one of them. It was a horrific trade when we did it, and that bore itself out over the few years that followed.

i was on alot of boards and the consensus was the same. Majority was happy.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
i was on alot of boards and the consensus was the same. Majority was happy.

That's not what you said, homer. You said nobody was booing the trade. That is far from the truth.

But, anything to try and vilify your hero.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He was about to become a free agent. Lots of people questioned the move.

Actually people still applauded being said that Dallas would have had to compete with other teams who wanted him aswell. my point being at the time the Cowboys made the trade they clearly needed a wr. and people thought it was a good deal.

Last edited:

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Maybe at the Zone because they are slow at things like this.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Actually people still applauded being said that Dallas would have had to compete with other teams who wanted him aswell. my point being at the time the Cowboys made the trade they clearly needed a wr. and people thought it was a good deal.

I'm quite sure that people on the board you posted at thought it was a badass idea. The rest of us fans that think freely and aren't lead by a yoke didn't so much.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm quite sure that people on the board you posted at thought it was a badass idea. The rest of us fans that think freely and aren't lead by a yoke didn't so much.

And where do you think i posted at? Lol nvm its clear that you just post to disagree. but for your info i posted on dcfu, cowboysauthority, cowboys-forum, sportsjabber, prosportsdaily, and cowboyszone.

And if your assuming that i follow a piece of shit by the name of Hostile then idk what to tell you. Seems like you have something against the guy tho. You make alot of references of him. But i have over 7 infractions from him some petty and pathetic as me not agreeing with him.

Last edited:

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to Hostile.

I would think Spagnola is more your cup of tea.

Along with 90% of our fanbase.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
It was a bad trade. I know people tried to justify it by claiming the Lions would franchise Roy. No way. I'm sure they still giggle about that trade up there.

That pick could have been Oher or Hakeem Nicks.

Reaction score
I am no scout. I liked acquiring th e player, as I had taken to calling him The Real Roy Williams (TRRW), as opposed to our RW31 whos game had gone to teh crapper at that point.

I thougt he was going to be a stud for us. But I also felt we got ass raped on the trade.

Him just being a shit player added insult to injury for sure.

Top Bottom