Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/marcus-spears-will-be-back-for.html

DMN Blog: Marcus Spears will be back for season opener at Washington

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted at 1:10 PM on Thu., Aug. 26, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Marcus Spears will not play in the preseason games, but the defensive end said he will be back for the Sept. 12 season opener at Washington.

Spears sprained his medial collateral ligament in his knee during the second-to-last practice inside the Alamodome, and he has not practiced since. The diagnosis was a 4-6 recovery time and Spears has stepped up his rehab work this week. For the morning practice, he worked on a blocking sled, pushing 250 pounds worth of weight, while also doing a lot of cardiovascular work.

"I'll be ready for Washington," Spears said. "I'll have close to two weeks of practice in before we play. I'll be ready but I know [Jason Hatcher] probably is going to take a lot of the workload in Washington. I've got to be ready to come in and be ready to go fast."

C

Cr122

That's awesome news, and with the way Bowen is playing it gives our defense good depth.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Good to hear, I was a little worried about our run defense without him.

C

Cr122

I'd actually wait until the week after to get Spears back, I would like to see how Bowen handles the run when it counts.

Top Bottom