Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wondered about that after I posted it. I think ur right

"You look at a guy like Bill Belechick whose will to win is so great so overwhelming he used spy cameras and even concentrating on such mineuta details like how much air is in the ball I mean who does that stuff? And what does he have oh well yeah I know he's won the super bowl and stuff but really what does that make him? And well yeah I'm sure he'll be in the hall of fame but is that really all that big of a deal anymore? So he's got rings and stuff but he sells his soul for those things lives eats sleeps and breathes winning he'd probably even cheat his mom at cards he's so competitive do you really want someone like that coaching your team?"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"You look at these college and some high school teams that amass 40 50 or more wins in a row and never stop to think what have they accomplished really? When they finally do lose one it's such a crushing thing that probably scars their psyche for life. Whereas if you win one or two here and there then lose a couple it actually helps you keeps you humbled and grounded in reality because in reality you simply can't and won't win all the time so you go for the moral victories which are so much more rewarding than any final score and you carry that with you each and every day. When we win eight games we see that as a perfect season really because it shows the true balance of life in general and what reality is. I mean look how all the fans and even how one or two of our players were just crushed the times we went 13-3 then lost in the first playoff game. So you think was it really worth it was it satisfying and what did we really accomplish there whereas with an 8-8 record you don't have those low points you don't have those expectations and pressure and you're playing a big part in maintaining the balance of the whole universe really. You look at teams like Cleveland that lose all the time all season all day and every day and then the pendulum swings the other way 4 or 5 times and look what that's done for their fans and their city. Those wins wouldn't feel nearly as good or joyful if they were a regular thing that happens all the time I think winning all the time kind of gets old kind of takes a lot of the pleasure out of it but you see how the balance works there."

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Garrett: All right boys, now we're going to show 'em what this offense can do. Time for that special formation.
Fullback moves 1 step to the right.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Garrett: All right boys, now we're going to show 'em what this offense can do. Time for that special formation.
Fullback moves 1 step to the right.

"And that's where the subtleties of the game come into play. Any little thing like that throws them off makes them think something different might be coming but you fool them you run Zeke right up the middle and he gets 4 yards when if you didn't do that one subtle little thing there he would have been stuffed for no gain I think it's those tiny adjustments and little details like that those little touches of personal flair which helped me get that coach of the year award I think you're a very intelligent and astute football fan for noticing the little things like that we do that make all the difference in the game."

Top Bottom