Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys used a first round pick on an offensive lineman twice in the last three years and it’s possible they could make it three in four years. Yes, the defensive line is the biggest area of concern, but the Cowboys can’t let an elite guard or tackle slip past if they’re the top player on their board. The top o-linemen in this class are Auburn’s Greg Robinson, Texas A&M’s Jake Matthews and Michigan’s Taylor Lewan. All three should be gone by the time the Cowboys are on the clock. But SportsDay’s Jon Machota has 10 offensive linemen that could be available for the Cowboys throughout the first few rounds.

Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame/ Doug Free could be a free agent at the end of the 2014 season. Draft Martin in May and the Cowboys could have a bookend to pair with Tyron Smith for a long time.

Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia/ A solid starter for UVA over the last three seasons. The 6-6, 325-pound right tackle as seen his stock rise into the first round.

Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama/ Another elite tackle option. One of the top rated prospects coming out of high school, Kouandjio has been Alabama’s full-time starter at left tackle the last two seasons.

Ja’Wuan James, OT, Tennessee/ If you want experience, this is your guy. James has started a school record 49 games at Tennessee. He is projected to play right tackle in the NFL.

Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee/ He played left tackle for the Vols but might be better suited for the right side in the NFL. Richardson has started all 24 games over the last two seasons.

Jack Mewhort, OT, Ohio State/ He has played guard and tackle in college but projects to be a right tackle in the NFL. Mewhort played in 49 consecutive games for Ohio State, starting the final 39.

Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami. He could be a steal in the second or third round. Henderson’s stock has slipped since telling teams at the Senior Bowl that his suspensions at Miami were because of marijuana use.

Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State/ He’s considered by some to be the top offensive guard available in the draft. Jackson could quickly upgrade one of the interior line spots for the Cowboys.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope we have a different strategy for drafting offensive lineman. I've been following the team for 20 years and I think we've hit on maybe 5.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope we have a different strategy for drafting offensive lineman. I've been following the team for 20 years and I think we've hit on maybe 5.

Yeah but when they hit, they really hit.

Larry Allen, Adams, Gurode, Tyron Smith, Fredericks

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
There is some guy on Twitter that supposedly is an "insider" (not in the sdogo way either) that is suggesting that Dallas might not go DL in the first:

Birddog26 ‏@Birddog26 · Feb 14
Cowboys fans should not sleep on the OG, CB and TE positions in the first round of the draft. May not be a need but solid players for taking

He also thinks it is not out of the realm of possibility keep Ware, Spencer and Hatcher. I hope the dude isn't legit.

Reaction score
I'd be all for OG. No doubt.

I can't see us taking a TE. Not under any circumstances. Not even with this front office.

And if we take a corner... I mean come the fuck on, will this team never learn?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We better take a DL in Round 1.

If we take a god damned tight end I will officially quit.

If we trade another solid DL in the offeason like we did with Lissemore I will officially quit too.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think the twitter guy and Broaddus are very high on Zack Martin to the Cowboys. Right Guard now, Right Tackle once Doug Free is shown the door.

A Tight End would be the definition of insanity.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think the twitter guy and Broaddus are very high on Zack Martin to the Cowboys. Right Guard now, Right Tackle once Doug Free is shown the door.

Or we could go DL in first round, OT in second and do the same thing. There should be some solid OT prospects in the second to give us the same leverage on Free.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah but when they hit, they really hit.

Larry Allen, Adams, Gurode, Tyron Smith, Fredericks

Notice anything about all of those guys? They're either first or second rounders. Allen and Adams fell to us, Smith was a top 10 pick so he better be good, and Frederick was a reach, but he is a good center.

In 20 years that's a very slim list.

Reaction score

If Broaddus is high on him, then we probably have Zack Martin in the box.

When was the last time Broaddus was right about anything?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I actually like Bernadeau too. He's turned into a solid player.

The OL looks good, the depth is just paper thin. We should probably think OL in the 2nd round and not TE this year, depending if we take a DL in the 1st round.

Reaction score
Seantrel Henderson. He passes the smell test. Allows the runners to get a lot of yards after contact buzz.

Top Bottom