JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Murray, thanks for the record breaking season, but take your fumbling ass on down the road. Especially at the premium salary you will want.

A real coach would have fixed that crap. He has a major issue with fundamentals. Ball security is the first job a RB has.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
League leader in fumbles lost with like 100 more touches. I want him back... I'd take him on a multi-year deal, if the money were reasonable. But I doubt that happens, so I'm good with a franchise tag designation. One year, $7-8 mil. If he won't agree to a reasonable deal for business reasons, then franchising him is a business decision in return.

I would try to cut his touches next year though. Keep him healthy for the stretch run, get Randle more touches, show him we don't have to have him... then see what happens.
Might even bring in a young rookie as well.

I think the Dunbar experiment has run its course.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We're all disappointed in the fumble and it was a killer play, but he was a big part of why we played so much better this year. He's a really good all around RB. Love his attitude as well.

I wouldn't break the bank to keep him, but if we end up keeping him I'm happy about it. If he stays we need to do more in terms of lowering the burden on him, but he is a really good player in his prime.

Reaction score
Yeah drafting the next RB should be a priority too... 4th - 5th rounder or so. Maybe like a Malcolm Brown type.

Without Murray, the offense has to rededicate to running the ball. With Murray that's a given.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah it's not like 6 fumbles lost is that huge. It was just a non fumbling year for backs or what?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Crazy, 436 carries for Murray this year. If we re-sign him, we better not be surprised when he breaks before midseason.

Still wonder if we weren't using him up knowing we weren't bringing him back. I actually don't think he's that great a talent as a back, but I think we'd miss his leadership qualities a lot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He was never a fumbler before this year and it did appear he had fixed whatever the issue was the 2nd half of the season.

And a couple of those "fumbles" were also plays that probably should have been ruled over due to forward progress stopped, but weren't.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Murray blocks ok. I like how he gets positive yards on broken plays, but you guys have watched him. He could have had 10 or 12 fumbles the way he waves he ball around when running.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Because Jerruh wanna bring in Adrian?

Don't know if that was the reason, though I bet we do bring him in if they pass on Murray.

But maybe they know other backs can at least come close to doing what he did. Justin Forsett averaged 5.4 YPC in Baltimore, and he's a career spare backup type. This scheme is pretty similar and the line is at least as good.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I keep remembering that phone call Murray and Jerruh reportedly had, before Adrian's legal case really hit the news.

I bet he is a quick signup.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Peterson will be 30 in March.

If we arnt going to bring back Murray, I'd rather see them go with Randle and a rookie to be honest.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I want a back with speed. A back with great speed would have crushed the rushing record this year. The holes are there, Murray is patient almost to a fault, and his second gear makes Witten laugh.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'd be fine with Randle if they make an effort to make sure he's the best pass blocker he can be.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Adrian, Murray or not, I still think you need to ditch Dunbar and bring a rook in.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dunbar is electric. The problem is there aren't enough footballs to go around.

Top Bottom