Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing short of Super Bowl appearance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lets say we win tomorrow and wrap up the 2nd seed. This would be a 3rd consecutive 12 win season (which last happened from 92-95 seasons). Is this a successful season?

If we were to lose in the WC or divisional round game (again, assuming we'd be at home) should McCarthy continue as HC? What about Prescott, does he warrant a long term deal then?

Or is only a Conference Championship game appearance acceptable? Or is it Super Bowl or bust?

My personal opinion is a loss in the WC should definitely lead to a coaching change. If they win that game and lost a close round two game, maybe you think about keeping the status quo, but it should be at least considered. If they embarrass themselves then a change needs to be made. In terms of Prescott, if he ends up being the reason they lose (ala the Niners playoff games from last two yrs) then they need to hold off on any sort of a contract extension, and maybe they should give serious thought to trading him in the offseason.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
three 12 win seasons in a row, thats a dynasty in jeris world!

start making t-shirts for "3-peat", etc, we're back baby!

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If we get knocked off in the first game, that means no home gate for Jerry in the divisional round. Costing Jerry $ is the one thing that might get Fat Mike bounced.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak was in the discussion for league MVP until Lamar shut that door when he dismantled the Niners on Xmas.

Unless Dak has another epic meltdown vs the Niners again Dak IS getting extended. And it wouldn’t surprise me if they extended him even if he melts down vs the Niners again.

As for MM it’s pretty much the same situation. The only thing I see possibly causing Jerry to even consider getting rid of MM would be another meltdown vs the Niners, and that probably wouldn’t even be enough for Jerry to get rid of him. At Jerry’s age he literally doesn’t have time to bring in a new coach and have that new coach start all over again.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
If the Boys play well in the postseason, MM would have an excellent chance to keep his job. But if they struggle & end the season w/an embarrassing loss, as has happened in each of the past two years, then we could possibly see a HC change. Win today, Dallas WC is at AT&T.

Don't forget who won the last game last year in this matchup!

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
At this point, an opportunity at two home games equals a necessity of at least two playoff wins. There is no potential opponent in this field who should have any reason to win in Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry's postgame quote.

Loves everything McCarthy does, then adds about the postseason "we'll see how each game goes"

Translation- McCarthy is probably getting replaced without postseason success this year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From Peter King this morning:

2. I think one statement surprised me in post-week-18 football. It was this from Jerry Jones, asked about the future of head coach Mike McCarthy. “We’ll see how each game goes in the playoffs,” Jones said. When I read that, my first thought was that Jones wants insurance in case Dallas has an embarrassing end to its season. Second thought: Jones wants a shot at Bill Belichick.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Belechick nonsense needs to stop. Jerry's not giving up any control and Bill ain't taking a job where he ain't shopping for the groceries. He's under contract anyway, it's 11 million he collects if fired. He's not going anywhere.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
bill belichick said in his press conference this morning that he is fine with just coaching. he doesnt need to be a GM anymore. i didnt believe it until i heard it w/ my own ears

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Belechick nonsense needs to stop. Jerry's not giving up any control and Bill ain't taking a job where he ain't shopping for the groceries. He's under contract anyway, it's 11 million he collects if fired. He's not going anywhere.
We shall see. It's being talked about by more than one person in the media.

And Belichick himself said today he didn't need control or complete control of personnel.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
bill belichick said in his press conference this morning that he is fine with just coaching. he doesnt need to be a GM anymore. i didnt believe it until i heard it w/ my own ears
We shall see. It's being talked about by more than one person in the media.

And Belichick himself said today he didn't need control or complete control of personnel.
Yeah, I was watching that bullshit. Not buying.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i mean it was classic belichick...

he goes and says that theres always been a lot of people involved w/ building the team... and to steal a quote from dbair, "obviously"

belichick has always been delegating tasks in the front office. his problem has always been that when all of his minions approach him with all of their meticulous ground work and recommendations, he just ignores it, and drafts the long snapper from rutgers

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I was watching that bullshit. Not buying.
We shall see.

If he does return it's only because he truly wants to win. By many accounts, he badly wants to break Shula's wins record and I think he is desperate to win a championship without Brady. He's not going to want to go to a team in a rebuilding phase and after his last few seasons, he's probably going to want a situation with at least a quality starting QB in place.

In the past, he has thrown a lot of praise at Prescott. I'm sure it's a longshot, but if we do move on from McCarthy then I think there's definitely some possibility Belichick would entertain coming here.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't think he's leaving NE. Kraft ain't writing that check.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think he's leaving NE. Kraft ain't writing that check.
Sounds like it won't be resolved all that quickly. Belichick said this morning he thought there would be several meetings about it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Honestly despite the blowout home wins, not really sure what this team is really made of. Supposedly they had the third easiest home schedule and Prescott faced the cumulative worst pass defences. Getting beat by GB this weekend would not shock me in the least. It would be just another shit stain on 28 year old sheets.

Top Bottom