Reaction score
Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT

At a time everything relating to the NFL seems to be getting more and more expensive, one fairly significant aspect of the fan experience is getting cheaper.

According to Bloomberg.com, via SportsBusiness Daily, DirecTV will cut the price of its Sunday Ticket feature by more than 40 percent, to $199.95.

Also, the service once again will be provided free for one season to new subscribers.

Since 1994, Sunday Ticket has held exclusive rights to out-of-market games, making it an indispensable tool for anyone who follows a team that doesn’t have a local connection.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
how much was it before? with all the deals and bargaining I've seen on here I have never seen the normal price.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol

Id like to think we all played a small part in this.

They were probably deeply discounting so many customers, they figured it would be more lucrative to drop the price.

Now we're fucked.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
with Thursday games every week now they had to lower the price..

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
If you threaten to cancel service. They give it to you for free if you have been a loyal customer

I Believe it was $250 plus additional $100 if you want all the games in HD

Reaction score
Last year was something like $349.

That's great they lowered the price. Serious props to Directv.

Reaction score
Not so fast. You'll have to pay if you want to enjoy HD, the Red Zone Channel, Game Mix and watching from mobile devices.

NFL Sunday Ticket Max, a more robust package also encompassing mobile and online connectivity, is available for $299.95 -- and $100 for existing NFL package customers who want to upgrade. It offers all the games in HD; Game Mix; the scoring/highlights service known as the Red Zone Channel; Short Cuts; Player Tracker; score/stats/standings; and highlights on demand. NFL Sunday Ticket Max retailed for $385 last season.

Reaction score
Not so fast. You'll have to pay if you want to enjoy HD, the Red Zone Channel, Game Mix and watching from mobile devices.

NFL Sunday Ticket Max, a more robust package also encompassing mobile and online connectivity, is available for $299.95 -- and $100 for existing NFL package customers who want to upgrade. It offers all the games in HD; Game Mix; the scoring/highlights service known as the Red Zone Channel; Short Cuts; Player Tracker; score/stats/standings; and highlights on demand. NFL Sunday Ticket Max retailed for $385 last season.

Still $50 less than last year.

And besides, I really don't find HD a must have. And I've never watched RedZone Channel or any of that other stuff.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Game Mix is the only thing I'll miss out of that added package. I can learn to live with using the Guide function and just switching around channels.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Game Mix is the only thing I'll miss out of that added package. I can learn to live with using the Guide finction and just switching around channels.

Sometimes I like to watch all the games at once especially the kickoffs to see if one is gonna get taken to the house...

I will definitely keep the Game Mix

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
HD not a must have....? what?

this sucks because HD is an absolute must and so is the to go package...

so back to where we were last year I guess.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Bad info in this thread:

NFL SUNDAY TICKET is now just $199.95. That's every out-of-market game every Sunday, all in HD,
for over 40% off last year's price. You also get the Game Mix channel, Player Tracker, and real-time
scores and stats.

What does the 299.95 package get you? Streaming to a PC, laptop, tablet, the RedZone Channel and Shortcuts.

Yeah, I'll just take the games in HD for $200.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl?footernavtype=-1&lpos=header&lpos=header

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bad info in this thread:

NFL SUNDAY TICKET is now just $199.95. That's every out-of-market game every Sunday, all in HD,
for over 40% off last year's price. You also get the Game Mix channel, Player Tracker, and real-time
scores and stats.

What does the 299.95 package get you? Streaming to a PC, laptop, tablet, the RedZone Channel and Shortcuts.

Yeah, I'll just take the games in HD for $200.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl?footernavtype=-1&lpos=header&lpos=header

Ditto. Thanks for posting Junk

C

Cr122

Excellent, thanks for posting that junk. Definitely will go with the 199.99 package.

Top Bottom