C

Cr122

DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3
+ Posted by Philip Rosenberg // Senior Vice President, Business Development, SCEA

Hello PlayStation Nation!
Are you ready for some football!
We are excited to announce that PlayStation has partnered with DIRECTV to bring its popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, to the PlayStation 3 game console. PlayStation owners across the country will now have the opportunity to watch every out-of-market Sunday game on their PS3.

6053880988_8944993026.jpg

How do you get in the game? At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers who already have NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go through DIRECTV can access the service on their PS3 for no additional charge.
NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a DIRECTV-exclusive sports package that offers:
Up to 14 NFL games every Sunday
Full HD for every football game
DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel
We know that PlayStation fans are huge sports enthusiasts, so adding NFL SUNDAY TICKET is the perfect complement to the PS3’s rapidly growing lineup of sports entertainment, including MLB.TV and NHL GameCenter. We’ll have more info, including a video tutorial and sign up information on the blog shortly. I hope you’re as excited for the football season as we are.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Maybe I am not getting this but.

IF you have DTV, why in the hell would you need it through your PS3?

This sounds stupid. I guess I dont' understand the point.

No way does the PS3 broadcast better than the box.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Does anyone who has Sunday ticket want to allow me to piggyback on their subscription for like 50 bucks to your paypal account?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Does anyone who has Sunday ticket want to allow me to piggyback on their subscription for like 50 bucks to your paypal account?

How would you do that? I'd do it for nothing, but not sure how you would do that.

Slingbox is supposed to work like that.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How would you do that? I'd do it for nothing, but not sure how you would do that.

Slingbox is supposed to work like that.

I'm guessing I would just need your account information. If it works like netflix, there will be something you can download to the PS3 then you login with your directv username and password.

I had directv and sunday ticket before, and I could do this to watch games online. All I had to do was bring it up in the browser, and I entered my account name and password and it worked great. I gave the info to a buddy of mine and he was able to use it as well.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm guessing I would just need your account information. If it works like netflix, there will be something you can download to the PS3 then you login with your directv username and password.

I had directv and sunday ticket before, and I could do this to watch games online. All I had to do was bring it up in the browser, and I entered my account name and password and it worked great. I gave the info to a buddy of mine and he was able to use it as well.

We can give it a try.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just came a little, especially if this works. I won't need it for a while (I'll be driving cross country for about a month or so) but once I settle down....bingo.

Actually I might stop in places on sundays during my travels and use their wifi so....hit me up.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I told them I would be out of town for a month and wanted to take my ps3 with me. Then I wanted to make sure my wife could watch at home without service interrupted.

They said both the recorder and ps3 would work at the same time.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I told them I would be out of town for a month and wanted to take my ps3 with me. Then I wanted to make sure my wife could watch at home without service interrupted.

They said both the recorder and ps3 would work at the same time.

I could kiss you on the mouth.

But I'm afraid out conservative friends wouldn't approve.

C

Cr122

How in the F do they think they'll make money off of this?

Who knows. The only reason I have Directv is the Sunday Ticket. If I lived in Dallas I wouldn't have to worry about it.

I went to the Fair yesterday and the Time Warner salesman tried to get me to switch. I said no way, I need the Sunday Ticket to watch my Cowboys games. Then he asked, do you have a PS3? I said, of course.

He then told me to cancel Directv, and he'll get me Phone, wireless high speed internet, and TV service for 100 bucks a month.

I said, that's pretty good, but I have already paid for my Sunday Ticket. How's that going to benefit me now? He didn't know what to say then. I told him I'm not paying for the service twice, so even though I have a PS3 I'm shit out of luck this year.

And another thing I told him was all new Directv customers get the Sunday Ticket for no additional charge. He then replies with, do you work for Directv? lol wtf.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How in the F do they think they'll make money off of this?

If I couldn't find someone to let me use their service I would totally pay them for just the PS3 service. They can sell it to people in apartments who have high speed internet and a PS3 but can't get satellite.

Top Bottom