dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This would seem to explain some things.

Dez Bryant gives up his pet monkey and Jerry Jones is really going to miss him

Most people, when they get a pet, tend to go with a dog or a cat. Not Dez Bryant. Last October, the Cowboys star wideout brought home a capuchin monkey, calling the little guy his new best friend. He named the monkey, Dallas Bryant.

The story did not end there. PETA called animal control on Bryant, asking them to "please seize" the monkey. There is apparently a law in DeSoto, Texas, making it illegal to own monkeys as pets. DeSoto police declined to issue a search warrant.

More importantly, we found out that Jerry Jones is a fan of monkeys.

"Missed the monkey," Jones told 105.3 The Fan, a CBS Sports Radio station, in Dallas. "The monkey thing is pretty humorous. I am a monkey fan. I can stand in a zoo and look at them all day long and die laughing. My dad was in the wild-animal business and had over 5,000 wild animals. And he was always, no matter what, handing somebody a card and saying, 'Be sure to come out and visit my monkeys.'"

It looks like Jerry is going to have to go to the zoo if he ever wants to see a monkey again, because Dez's house is no longer an option. Dallas has a new home, 10 months after moving in with Dez. Per the Dallas Morning News, Dez went on KTCK-AM 1310 The Ticket and said he had to give Dallas away to a friend in the country.

"But I get to see him," Bryant said.

Asked if the monkey would still recognize him if he walked into a room, Dez was definitive. "Yeah, he recognizes me," Bryant told The Ticket. "I gave him his name." That's usually how it works.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is there a player more destined to be bankrupt than Dez within five years of retirement.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Is there a player more destined to be bankrupt than Dez within five years of retirement.

No, and his family and a few friends live with him and none of them work.
He overpaid for a Phantom between $50-75 thousand just so he could tell Scandrick (who got a nicer phantom) he paid the same amount. That's about a $400,000 car.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He overpaid for a Phantom between $50-75 thousand just so he could tell Scandrick (who got a nicer phantom) he paid the same amount. That's about a $400,000 car.

Do they have valet service when you are living under one of those over passes?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The 3 ring circus in Dallas, monkeys, Jerry, and all the other nonsense, its a wonder they win the games they do. Its no wonder why they dont win anything meaningful.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Geebus, these fucking idiots.

Where'd you hear that story?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Well, thank goodness Jerry still has his monkey Garrett to keep him entertained.

Top Bottom