LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Winnable games next two weeks. Falcons probably lost RB T Coleman for our game, Saints are awful and Brees may not play either.

4-0 start with the shit that's happened to us would be pretty sweet.

Falcons lost Coleman? Seriously? Take whatever we can get. Not nearly as serious as our injuries. 4-0 would be nice. 2-0 in the division and then to be 4-0 in the entire NFC.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope it's not like the year we kept waiting for Terry Glenn to come back from injury.

Didn't Glenn have a soft-tissue injury? From what I've heard it's always better to break a bone in terms of timetable healing than dealing with soft-tissue injuries.

Also, Dez now has a metal plate over his injury, which makes it less likely he would re-injure that bone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Also, Dez now has a metal plate over his injury, which makes it less likely he would re-injure that bone.
From what I am able to gather it sounds very much like a spiral fracture, and those are the worst other than compound. They had to do a bone graft, and this means pins and/or screws. VERY easy to damage this especially early on.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Why would they not put him on IRDTR if they expect him to be out longer than 8 weeks? Makes no sense to waste the roster spot.

Keep in mind it was Rappoport that started this nonsense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why would they not put him on IRDTR if they expect him to be out longer than 8 weeks? Makes no sense to waste the roster spot.
Because he's like, Superman and stuff and they don't want to put a cap on his return - like they're thinking he can magically heal and be ready to play in 7 weeks.

I agree, it's stupid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Keep in mind it was Rappoport that started this nonsense.

Rumor out today I read said he might be getting back in closer to 6 weeks now. Have no idea if true or not.

That said, he really is wasting a roster spot. They still have to deactivate 7 guys

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't see how they can tell this early into his rehab

But if they are right it's good news

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez himself said that he is doing what the doctors are telling to do and that his foot is healing well

"Cowboys believe there's a possibility their star receiver could return by Week 9 when the Eagles come to town for a marquee Sunday night matchup."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Stephen said they think Dez and Gregory both will be back the week after the bye.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What the hell happened to Gregory? He was supposed to only be out 4 weeks which would put him back next week against the Saints. Did he re injure himself ?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He didn't say, just said they didn't think Gregory was going to play until the week after the bye

They said 4-6 weeks at first, 4 weeks would be after the New England game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That must be new news because everyone has
been saying he would be back the same time as Hardy

We really need both of them for the Pats game to put pressure on Brady. Otherwise it's going to be a blood bath with how well he's playing

Having that chip on his shoulder from deflate gate seems to have really pissed him off and given him something to prove this year

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's the dreaded high ankle sprain too. Who knows how long it's going to take to heal properly till where we see the old Gregory. He could be hobbled with it the most of the year.

hstour

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't see how they can tell this early into his rehab

But if they are right it's good news

It's mostly based on the amount of pain or how quickly it is decreasing. He was without the boot the other day, but that may be for show on his part.

Top Bottom