sbk92

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant has been named in two lawsuits claiming he owes more than a half-million dollars for custom jewelry and pro football and basketball tickets.

CBSSports columnist Mike Freeman believes Bryant is "allegedly demonstrates either extreme arrogance or ridiculous negligence."

Some highlights of Freeman's thoughts

• If Bryant isn't paying for the purchases then that's the kind of red flag (red undergarments?) which should cause Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to slightly panic. Talking to Cowboys officials and others around the league who know Bryant, they insist he isn't a bad guy. His decision-making seems -- ahem -- at times flawed but I don't think there's a horrid human being underneath the drooping pants.

There may be, however, a truly immature one. That's why, once the lockout ends, the Cowboys must have a Sopranos-like, come-to-Jesus, sit-down with arguably one of the best young wide receivers in the game. They don't need Michael Irvin the remix (off the field, I mean). Bryant can spend his cash any way he desires but watch the lawsuits, dude. And consider wearing a belt.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
To me, Dez just needs some guidance. Someone who is willing to spend some time with him (Michael Irvin?) and make him understand what he is risking. Jason Witten seems like the kind of MAN who should show Dez the right way to do things.

He's a grown man so he shouldn't need this but still, he may not have had a positive male influence in his young life.

sbk92

Reaction score
You have to be receptive to a positive influence.

I find it hard to believe he doesn't have the help he needs if he wants it.

Plymkr

Reaction score
This is ****ing insane.

Yes, the dude is young, but, ****, you have douches out there involved in SERIOUS crimes, yet no outcry of any sort. Dez yells at a few rent a pigs and on the sidelines?

OH SHIT, HEADCASE, lookout.

Gimme a break.

When the dude kills someone, or busted for a serious drug offense, assault, get back to me.

Cythim

Reaction score
This is ****ing insane.

Yes, the dude is young, but, ****, you have douches out there involved in SERIOUS crimes, yet no outcry of any sort. Dez yells at a few rent a pigs and on the sidelines?

OH SHIT, HEADCASE, lookout.

Gimme a break.

When the dude kills someone, or busted for a serious drug offense, assault, get back to me.

No outcry of any sort for the guys committing serious crime? Are you mental? There is all kinds of outcry against the criminals. There might not be much of it here but that is because those guys are not Cowboys. Dez gets attention because he was a high profile draft pick who fell in the draft because he is a mental midget. The guy is stupid and these reports about his financial problems only magnifies the fact.

Plymkr

Reaction score
No outcry of any sort for the guys committing serious crime? Are you mental? There is all kinds of outcry against the criminals. There might not be much of it here but that is because those guys are not Cowboys. Dez gets attention because he was a high profile draft pick who fell in the draft because he is a mental midget. The guy is stupid and these reports about his financial problems only magnifies the fact.

I realize that. I know ESPN has covered it. But, shit, it ONE STORY for those guys. Very low profile. I get it, he is a Cowboy. But, hell, even though he is being a moron. A lot worse going on with other players. Yet, this dude is what they are piling on. It just gets old.

Top Bottom