cowboysportsblog

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.cowboysportsblog.com/app...ant-production-vs-laurent-robinson-production

robinson%20vs%20bryant.png

UPDATE: I MESSED UP ON THE GRAPH. TARGETS ARE FLIPPED

Who's been better in this offense?

Last edited:

locked&loaded

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Luarent Robinson has more targets and a 50 percent success rate. Bryants is right around 70. Plus the guy is a beast in the endzone, if used effectively.

People get mad because they want Dez to break out, we all do. But when you have games like sunday, when he wasnt event thrown at until the after the first half, you cant blame DEz/

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What a sorry situation, even when a talent like this kid supposedly has falls into our lap we can't make it work for us.

I still am not sure u can win with guys like this personally though, he is a lazy coddled player and I shows on Sunday's.

At the same time having the inept coaching that we have we should all be used to it.

Reaction score
The OC has gone out of his way to prove that he can't use his weapons. Austin and Dez didn't even have a catch in the first half vs. Philly and that's when we were playing from behind. Garrett is like the Tim Tebow of OCs. Super popular with the fans, but bent over, exposed, and penetrated over and over again on Sundays (and some Mondays). Keep it classy, Cowboys.

Reaction score
What a sorry situation, even when a talent like this kid supposedly has falls into our lap we can't make it work for us.

I still am not sure u can win with guys like this personally though, he is a lazy coddled player and I shows on Sunday's.

At the same time having the inept coaching that we have we should all be used to it.

He definitely looks lazy as he's running through linebackers and defensive backs and refusing to be tackled by less than 3 men.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He definitely looks lazy as he's running through linebackers and defensive backs and refusing to be tackled by less than 3 men.

I am all done discussing this with you, your owens comments made it abundantly clear.

There is more to playing wr than breaking tackles when you catch passes.

Attending meetings on time or at all, getting rehab, putting the team first in every thing you do, running hard even when you dont anticipate the ball etc....go read the stuff drew pearson has critiqued him on. All the symptoms are there.

Reaction score
I am all done discussing this with you, your owens comments made it abundantly clear.

There is more to playing wr than breaking tackles when you catch passes.

Attending meetings on time or at all, getting rehab, putting the team first in every thing you do, running hard even when you dont anticipate the ball etc....go read the stuff drew pearson has critiqued him on. All the symptoms are there.

First of all, you have no idea what goes on at valley ranch, so please stop acting like you're a fly on the wall and know that he's been a distraction in the locker room, and late all the time for meetings, and not getting rehab when he's scheduled, etc..

Secondly, its clear you have some bias against him, and its clear its based in a fantasy that you've created for him.

Remember that long run DeMarco had against the Rams? Was Dez running hard the entire way with him that play? Do you not see Dez blocking downfield for receivers and backs, trying to take somebody's head off when the play is coming his way? Do you not see him fighting with everything inside him for that one or two extra yards every time he touches the ball? Do you not see how ripped and cut up the guy is either, even?

Nothing about the man screams "lazy". Im glad we're done discussing this though, so i don't have to hear anymore of this nonsense.

Reaction score
It's third and goal from the 8 yard line.... four seconds on the clock.

Who you throwing the ball to?

Dez or Laurent?

Yeah... thought so.

Stats aren't the end all be all, kids.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont see the laziness from Dez that some think is there. He still needs to develop more route running skill, but he didnt play in a prostyle offense at Oklahoma St, missed a ton of playing time as a Junior, missed basically all of his first training camp here, missed the end of his first season here and has played hurt alot of this year. If he played in Baltimore or New England and had the same results as here, people would probably gushing left and right about him and using alot of the same logic I just did.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
All that missed time should have given him plenty of opportunity to learn the playbook.

Supposedly he hasn't done it.

Personally, the attention on Dez right now is a little misguided IMO.

It's not like Austin is out there shredding the league. He must not know the playbook either, I guess.

I have no doubt that Bryant has some growing up to do and some maturation as a player to do but the problems with this offense right now are not because he doesn't know what he's supposed to do.

And lets say he doesn't know what to do. What the fuck does that say about no-nonsense Garrett?

It's funny that people will point to Dez's lack of production as an indication of not knowing one's role or an indication that Romo cannot trust him when Romo has no problem throwing to Robinson who supposedly was responsible for the second INT for a TD against the Lions......at least that was what some of the rumblings where.

And not to mention that Romo didn't avoid Ogletree like the plague after his it was clear as fucking day that Kevin had no clue what he was doing in the Redskins game.

This whole situation is bullshit.

If Dez doesn't have a grasp on the entire playbook, the coaches should either pull his ass or work within his limited grasp. Square-pegging a round hole and having him do things he can't is just fucking stupid.

Reaction score
What's up with Jimmy Robinson? I thought he was the best WR coach in the league?

Our last two WR coaches have been two of the most heralded guys in the NFL in Ray Sherman and Jimmy Rob.. yet it always seems like our WR's are unhappy and bitching.

What's the deal, indeed?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Our last two WR coaches have been two of the most heralded guys in the NFL in Ray Sherman and Jimmy Rob.. yet it always seems like our WR's are unhappy and bitching.

What's the deal, indeed?

Wide receivers: unhappy and bitching? Why would wide receivers be like that?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Robinson never would have fumbled at the 1.

Of course if Robinson had blocked his man, neither would Dez. But I digress.

Top Bottom