C

Cr122

Dez Bryant passes test from Jason Garrett after practice
Posted at 8:13 PM on Wed., Aug. 18, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Dez Bryant is not close to returning to practice because of his high right ankle sprain, but the first-round pick spent time after practice with assistant head coach Jason Garrett going over the playbook on the field.

Bryant slowly jogged routes as Garrett called out plays and formations and asked Bryant what the responsibilities were on each play.

"He wanted to make sure I was on top of my game and that I've been in my playbook," Bryant said. "He just wants to know I had everything down."

And did he?

"Yes, sir, I did," Bryant said.

Bryant is itching to play in the preseason but understands why the team will be cautious with his comeback. He said he should know more by the end of the week where he stands going forward but he has not done any sprinting or cutting to test it out. He said the ankle does not feel as good as his left ankle.

"They've been doing this forever," Bryant said. "They know what they're talking about. I'm just going to follow them."

Wanting to play in the preseason finale vs. Miami has nothing to do with the brouhaha that was created when it was learned that Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland asked questions about the background of Bryant's mother.

"I promise you it has nothing to do with that," Bryant said. "I'm pretty sure if I see him on the field before the game I'll shake his hand and Coach Sparano's hand."

C

Cr122

Dez Bryant passes test from Jason Garrett after practice
Posted at 8:13 PM on Wed., Aug. 18, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Dez Bryant is not close to returning to practice because of his high right ankle sprain, but the first-round pick spent time after practice with assistant head coach Jason Garrett going over the playbook on the field.

Bryant slowly jogged routes as Garrett called out plays and formations and asked Bryant what the responsibilities were on each play.

"He wanted to make sure I was on top of my game and that I've been in my playbook," Bryant said. "He just wants to know I had everything down."

And did he?

"Yes, sir, I did," Bryant said.

Bryant is itching to play in the preseason but understands why the team will be cautious with his comeback. He said he should know more by the end of the week where he stands going forward but he has not done any sprinting or cutting to test it out. He said the ankle does not feel as good as his left ankle.

"They've been doing this forever," Bryant said. "They know what they're talking about. I'm just going to follow them."

Wanting to play in the preseason finale vs. Miami has nothing to do with the brouhaha that was created when it was learned that Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland asked questions about the background of Bryant's mother.

"I promise you it has nothing to do with that," Bryant said. "I'm pretty sure if I see him on the field before the game I'll shake his hand and Coach Sparano's hand."

That a boy, Dez. I think he's being a professional about it, the media wants to rip him apart when he plays Miami.

Reaction score
That a boy, Dez. I think he's being a professional about it, the media wants to rip him apart when he plays Miami.

The kid has proven to be a consumate professional in my book. I know some people disagree . . . but I see nothing diva about him. I don't see any of the character concerns and/or red flags that anyone else does.

Ultimately . . . I think 5 years from now the teams that drafted ahead of us (Denver especially) will regret passing on this kid.

C

Cr122

The kid has proven to be a consumate professional in my book. I know some people disagree . . . but I see nothing diva about him. I don't see any of the character concerns and/or red flags that anyone else does.

Ultimately . . . I think 5 years from now the teams that drafted ahead of us (Denver especially) will regret passing on this kid.

I agree, I think Dez is going to be a special player for us.

Top Bottom