Mr.Po

Reaction score
Dez Bryant: 'Nothing I can't do

Updated: October 22, 2013
Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

Texas -- While he has immense respect for Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant isn't willing to say that "Megatron" will be the best receiver at Ford Field when the Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions meet Sunday.

With the Cowboys set to face the Lions on Sunday, Dez Bryant says he believes his talent is on the same level as Calvin Johnson's.
"Truth be told, I don't compare myself to nobody," Bryant said Monday during an appearance on 103.3 FM ESPN in Dallas. "I think Calvin's the best at what he [does]. I think I'm the best at what I do."

Bryant said Johnson's run-after-catch ability and the way he attacks the ball in the air are especially impressive. However, asked what Johnson could do that he couldn't, Bryant paused for several seconds before answering.

"I believe I can do whatever he can do," Bryant said. "I think it's just a pride thing. When it comes to football, just being on the field, it's a mindset and having a mentality. I honestly believe when I'm there, I'll be feeling like there's nothing I can't do. Whatever the coaches ask me to do, I'm going to do it.

"I always feel like there's more. I think that's just a mindset you're supposed to have."

In a radio interview Tuesday, Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones gave the nod to Johnson as the NFL's best receiver.

"I think that Johnson at Detroit has got to be the best receiver or best end target, if you want to put it like that, the best guy to go to right now in the league," Jones said on KRLD-FM. "Dez can aspire to be that and has a chance to be that."

Since Week 10 of last season, when Bryant began to emerge as an elite receiver, his 1,448 receiving yards rank behind only those of Johnson (1,689) and the Houston Texans' Andre Johnson (1,620) in the NFL. Bryant's 16 touchdown catches are the most in the league during that span, six ahead of Calvin Johnson, who is tied for fourth.

Johnson set an NFL record with 1,964 yards for the Lions last season. Bryant said during the offseason that he believes he's capable of becoming the first 2,000-yard receiver in NFL history, although his primary goal is to help the Cowboys make the playoffs.

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Bryants answers or his mindset.

Johnson has the obvious edge in the uncanny size/speed ratio.

Bryant has uncanny body control and concentration.

Both have great hands and physicality.

Ultimately, I give Dez the edge because we share the same birthday.

Reaction score
"Truth be told, I don't compare myself to nobody," Bryant said Monday during an appearance on 103.3 FM ESPN in Dallas. "I think Calvin's the best at what he [does]. I think I'm the best at what I do."

This is awesome. I don't know where to begin....

Truth be told:

I don't compare myself to nobody.

Truth be told:

I compare myself to everybody.

Truth be told:

[does] was edited from the original word "do", as in "what do voluntary mean?"

Truth be told:

Generally "the best" of an identical category should be singular.

Truth be told.

Reaction score
Okay. Okay. To each his own. I thought Dez's masterful mishandling of the English language was hilarious. Then again I spend most of my time measuring IQs and social-emotional abilities, so what do I know from humor?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Nothing?

If I were a betting man I'd put my money on the sudoku puzzle in a head-to-head matchup.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with Dez in that he can do everything Johnson can except one thing.

Remain composed and NOT allow the opposition to throw him off his game by getting in his head.

Dez is too emotional and lets his one-on-one battle interfere with what's going on around him at times.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Dez is a little bit of a headache, but he is better than 85 percent of the league.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Okay. Okay. To each his own. I thought Dez's masterful mishandling of the English language was hilarious. Then again I spend most of my time measuring IQs and social-emotional abilities, so what do I know from humor?

What is the highest IQ that you have measured? I wanna know how I stack up.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Jnday... All the needed information you are seeking is available. Omega - Supreme? Like the guy despite the pretentious name.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're at about 65-67 since you're from the South.

All of those shit eating, loud mouthed Yankees think we're all stupid.

Top Bottom