Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
BRONCOS_372324331.jpg

(Demarcus Ware)

By Jon Machota
jmachota@dallasnews.com
4:39 pm on April 29, 2014 | Permalink

Earlier this month, DeMarcus Ware said the Denver Broncos’ work out routine during the off-season is a “whole different deal” from what he did while with the Dallas Cowboys.

Ware was one of 10 Cowboys starters to miss a game last season due to injury. On top of that, Dallas ranks third over the last two seasons in terms of games missed by starting players because of injury.

After trying to overcome so many setbacks during the 2013 season, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones was asked Monday if the franchise gave any consideration to changing their off-season training program.

“No,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “We looked long and hard at it, don’t get me wrong. I think one of the things that we have to look at it, and I think it’s well-documented, with our new labor agreement, obviously the players aren’t required to be here. I would submit to you, and I think players would be the first to say it, if you’re not in a competitive workout situation, then it’s probably not as intense and not quite what it should be.

“When they’re reporting 45 days later and they’re working out on their own then I think they’re not quite up to where they normally would be when you start earlier. But those are things that we’re going to continue to work with, with the union, and those are things that will have to be worked out over time, and we’ll continue to try to tweak and do things better.”

In March, Jones said on 105.3 The Fan that the Cowboys were taking a serious look at the number of injuries they had sustained during the previous season. Part of that evaluation process included being more cautious about a players age in regards to free agency.

“We’re taking a lot harder look at it than ever before,” Jones said. “Because whether we were just unlucky or whatever it is, you certainly have to say, ‘Hey, we’re going to have to do something different.’ Certainly two years in a row, we’ve had a problem with that.”

Follow Jon Machota on Twitter: @jonmachota

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why change something if it's not working? I think that's how that goes.

I think we had 5 guys go down with hamstring injuries on the first day and then 15-20 more throughout the season.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Our reaction time to problems is like 4 years.

O Line sucks? No problem. We'll get to it.

D Line is full of injuries and age? Coach 'em up.

Safeties couldn't cover Jerry Jones on a Go route? We're set at Safety.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
O Line sucks? D line is full of injuries and age?

Take backup tight ends in the second round and then trade a second rounder for a cornerback. Oh, and trade Sean Lissemore too and then try to find people at Home Depot or Wal Mart who can play.

Reaction score
hate the team, hate the players, something jerry, chastise unseen sunshine pumpers, realtor jokes, repeat

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
No change matters until the ultimate change happens.

Who cares about this?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I really don't give a dog walker's pooper scooper about this team.

I stopped caring a long time ago. They could go 0-16 as far as I'm concerned.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Because there is a whole other side of this place that keeps me entertained.

I only read these threads to laugh at people who think there is more than one answer for fixing this pathetic joke of a franchise.

Also, fuck you, Jonathan.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really don't give a dog walker's pooper scooper about this team.

I stopped caring a long time ago. They could go 0-16 as far as I'm concerned.

Sheik, this really isn't setting the kind of example that I expect from forum leadership

Top Bottom