Reaction score
I said pre draft we need to prepare as if ware is done.

He's Obviously not done but to rely so heavily on him at this point was foolish. Expect that he will never contribute again and if he does that's just a bonus.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
2014 cap numbers:

Ware $16,003,750
Austin $8,249,400
Rat $8,232,000

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Apparently the cap is skyrocketing with the new tv deal

Doubt it.

And even if it was, so what?

So Dallas can afford to keep the same guys they have, but only just able to do so?

Ratliff is gone. He's not hurt, I'm calling bullshit on it. Guys come back from Achilles and ACLs faster than this.

I said it a while back as a joke but I honestly think the team is punishing him. I think they couldn't afford to cut him because it would have increased his cap hit by 6M.....they could have split it but that still ups the ante to dead money that is greater than the cost to keep him.

He couldn't get anything on the free agent market coming off both an injury and a DUI.

So the team says they'll pay his salary this year because they can't afford to cut him, all he has to do is stay the fuck away from the team and go train on his own somewhere.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I guess it's over.

He could have been a much better player if he'd had a mean streak and didn't make so many mental mistakes.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Good thing the cap is just a magical thing that doesn't really exist, right superpunk?

Yeah, no shit.

Between Ratliff and Spencer, Dallas has $15M in cap dollars for 2013 sitting on the bench. If you take a look down the road, Dallas has another 6M (at least) that will go to Ratliff.

That makes $20M in cap space for Spencer and Ratliff that is tied up for 2013 and 2014.....at minimum.

Go out on the Free Agent market with $15M or $20M and you can pretty much get whatever the fuck you want.

Reaction score
Doubt it.

And even if it was, so what?

So Dallas can afford to keep the same guys they have, but only just able to do so?

Ratliff is gone. He's not hurt, I'm calling bullshit on it. Guys come back from Achilles and ACLs faster than this.

I said it a while back as a joke but I honestly think the team is punishing him. I think they couldn't afford to cut him because it would have increased his cap hit by 6M.....they could have split it but that still ups the ante to dead money that is greater than the cost to keep him.

He couldn't get anything on the free agent market coming off both an injury and a DUI.

So the team says they'll pay his salary this year because they can't afford to cut him, all he has to do is stay the fuck away from the team and go train on his own somewhere.

What like barely giving him treatment? That seems beneath them and grounds for a lawsuit . But idk no ones ever got in that clowns face before

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, no shit.

Between Ratliff and Spencer, Dallas has $15M in cap dollars for 2013 sitting on the bench. If you take a look down the road, Dallas has another 6M (at least) that will go to Ratliff.

That makes $20M in cap space for Spencer and Ratliff that is tied up for 2013 and 2014.....at minimum.

Go out on the Free Agent market with $15M or $20M and you can pretty much get whatever the fuck you want.

that makes me nauseous. Thanks a lot you piece of shit brainiac.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The (kind of) good news is this year is going to force Jerry to address the D line next year.

For the first time, the O Line is not our biggest weak spot. They should offer Waters a coaching job when he finally wraps it up. He has changed the whole mentality there.

Reaction score
I still think it would be worth us to shop him. Hes injury prone and not worth his cap hit. If we can sucker someone in for a first-round pic I would do it.

I see no difference from him and his backup. Hell selvie looks really solid and I would give him a low ball extension based on what I have seen so far.

diehard2294

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The media is all over the place with his possible return, per twitter Ware told Archer he will only miss this week

Then another writer says he told his teammates he will miss 2 weeks...probably out for the season with our medical staff

Reaction score
‏@NFLCharean12h
Ware just said he is doubtful for this week, but he does not expect to miss 3-4 weeks as has been reported. He says he is a fast healer

Top Bottom