Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So after watching the Broncos usher in a new era of needing a plethora of pass rushers; our 2 most talented DEs will be missing time to start the season?

Wunderbar

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We trade down a few spots, draft 100% clean, bust his ass all the time DE guy in my sig.

Maybe we come back in round two and take Florida DL Jonathan Bullard or get Lawson's teammate Kevin Dodd.

Anybody realize that right now, our starting DE's on opening day vs NYG are probably Benson Mayowa and either Jack Crawford or Ryan Russell?

I'm telling you, the starting DE's this year are going to be Bosa and Hardy.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm telling you, the starting DE's this year are going to be Bosa and Hardy.

I'd be fine with that
Especially since that's about as good as we could hope to have by the start of the season

Even if we don't draft Bosa I still believe we will resign Hardy because we have no better or no other option especially now since DLaw is a dumbfuck just like Gregory and will miss the first four games too

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Wow.

I guess Bosa it is...?

I mean shit, even he's had his issues and comes across as a major stoner in interviews.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I read an article that claims Bosa has peaked. We have so many holes on defense I'm seriously considering Elliott. We need offensive production. Top two qbs are gone. Take a playmaker.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't think Bosa has peaked. I mean the guy is only 20 years old. I've mentioned before (and still believe) that based on what the experts say about him Bosa is more of a Greg Ellis caliber of player. He'll end up be a solid player but not a game changer like Ware, or JJ Watt. I've heard comparisons to Jared Allen and from the videos I've seen he does look similar (his game not just his skin color).

He wouldn't be a terrible pick. He wouldn't be the best player on the board though. Ramsey will be a better player if available but because of dipshit 1 and dipshit 2 we kind of have to take Bosa. I would be MUCH happier with Elliott. When/if Romo gets hurt this season is going to be brutal. Elliott will at least keep it interesting. He also keeps the defense off the field.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This season is feeling an awful lot like last season was around this time of year. Except last year there was some hope we might do alright because there wasn't yet the absolute knowledge that Romo won't make it thru one more season without missing games due to injury (or more than a few as it were)

Our QB situation is worse than last year
RB about the same as before
no pass rush to speak of for the first four games just like last year
Secondary just as suspect as last year

I mean it's like a redux of last season all over again

Except this time around we KNOW Tony will get hurt and miss games

We are actually worse off this time around then we were this time last year!

Boy am I looking forward to the 2016 season!

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Great...now we're going to draft Bosa, and that little EDM raver fag will test positive for molly.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I read an article that claims Bosa has peaked. We have so many holes on defense I'm seriously considering Elliott. We need offensive production. Top two qbs are gone. Take a playmaker.

Kirwan is saying the same thing all the time on Sirius.

Not that he is bad, but he is not going to be a star, like say Watt is. More like Chris Long.

Some people prefer Buckner.

Personally neither excite me as the best pass rusher. That would be Spence, but he is another dummy.

Reaction score
Source: DeMarcus Lawrence facing discipline for using amphetamines
9:55 PM ET

Jean-Jacques Taylor
Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, who led the team with eight sacks last season, is facing a four-game suspension to start the 2016 NFL season for violating the league's substance abuse policy, according to a source.

The Dallas Morning News first reported the pending suspension.

Even before news broke about DeMarcus Lawrence's suspension, the Cowboys already had needs at pass-rusher.

The NFL has not announced the suspension, an indication the appeal process has not yet been completed. Lawrence is facing the discipline for using amphetamines, the source said. In February, Lawrence received notice of a four-game fine for violating the substance abuse policy, according to sources.

The Cowboys declined to comment.

If Lawrence's suspension is made official, this would mark the second consecutive year the Cowboys would start the season without two key defensive players. Second-year defensive end Randy Gregory will miss the first four games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Last year, the Cowboys didn't have middle linebacker Rolando McClain (substance abuse policy) or defensive end Greg Hardy (personal conduct policy) because each was suspended for the first four games of the 2015 season.

Lawrence, who had offseason back surgery, played the best football of his career in the second half of last season. The coaches credited him with 56 tackles, 31 quarterback pressures and 10 tackles for loss as he became a disruptive force.

In 2014, the Cowboys moved up to the 34th overall pick in a trade with the Washington Redskins to take Lawrence. He did not have a sack as a rookie in the regular season, missing the first eight games of the season with a broken foot.

Lawrence spent the early part of this offseason taking classes at Boise State.

Executive vice president Stephen Jones, speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday, said improving the pass rush remained the Cowboys' biggest need entering the draft.

The Cowboys signed Cedric Thornton, who projects to a defensive tackle spot, and Benson Mayowa, who has two career sacks, in free agency. The Cowboys also visited with free agent Jason Jones.

Ohio State's Joey Bosa, the top-rated defensive end in the draft, has been an option with the fourth overall pick before news of Lawrence's pending suspension. Bosa has visited the club's Valley Ranch training facility, and the Cowboys held a private workout for him in March.

link

Top Bottom