Reaction score
DeMarco Murray leaves practice with hamstring injury

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 23, 2015, 2:31 PM EDT

DeMarco Murray was already off to a slow start. Now, he’s even slower.

According to Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com, the Eagles running back left practice early Wednesday because of a hamstring injury, and was listed as limited on the injury report.

It’s fair to say Murray hasn’t looked like himself so far this season, after gaining 11 yards on 21 carries in his first two games. That 0.52 yards per carry average is 4.19 yards per carry off his 2014 pace, when he gained 1,845 yards on 392 carries for the Cowboys.

And if he’s going to improve on that this week, he’s going to have to do so against a Jets defense which ranks first in the league in points allowed (although just 14th in rushing yards allowed).

The Eagles’ 35 yards per game as a team is the seventh-worst by any team after two games in the last 50 years.

“DeMarco’s a great player, but I think that we also have two [other] great backs who can get the job done,” center Jason Kelce said, referring to Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles. “Bottom line is, whoever is carrying the ball behind us, we have to do a better job up front blocking. As long as we can take care of the line of scrimmage and do what we need to do, we can make hay in the run game.”

It would be nice of them to start any time now, although Murray’s condition may prevent that.

Reaction score
One of the subscribers at PFT posted this:

brenenostler says:
Sep 23, 2015 2:44 PM
Hi, I’m Dallas Cowboys’ DeMarco Murray and I have DirectTV….

And I’m Philadelphia Eagles’ DeMarco Murray, and I have cable

:laugh3

Reaction score
In Murrays defense, defenses don't fear the Eagles pass attack and the Eagles use Murray wrong. He's a north south runner adn they keep trying to run him out wide or on slow developing run plays.

Reaction score
When i re-watched the game, the Eagles used different running plays. On those shotgun run plays, even Sproles was getting hit 5 yards in the backfield. They O-line and TE’s weren’t doing a very good job of blocking. Many of the zone running plays the Cowboys used with Murray last year, had him going sideways, then he would do one cut and go. I think the whole “not using him right” is a media thing that everyone regurgitates.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In Murrays defense, defenses don't fear the Eagles pass attack and the Eagles use Murray wrong. He's a north south runner adn they keep trying to run him out wide or on slow developing run plays.

Yet all offseason, you heard how Murray was perfect for Kelly's system.

No. The acquisition of Murray was all about keeping him from the Cowboys. Nothing more.

And they also lost Kiko Alonzo for the season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I always said if we signed him he would no longer be a beast and would have a rash of non x-rayable, soft tissue "injuries."

Chalk one up for us on this particular deal.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have a whole shit talking rivalry with a couple Eagles fans at work. As soon as they got DM he said we wouldn't be able to run the ball and that the Eagles would destroy us using DM.

I told him at that time the there would be no way DM gets 1k yards this year splitting snaps with 2 other backs. Especially in Chips system

I also told him that DM was rode hard and put away wet by Jerry and company and that he would get injured early in the season. On top of that I told him that last year was DM's chance to prove himself and increase his FA value. That's why he played with a broken hand at the end of the season. I said that if DM gets gets as much as a hangnail this season that he would miss games! He already got paid so he has zero incentive to play thru an injury

So do I want to see anyone injured? No!

But did I see this coming? Absolutely. With all the shit talking the Eagles fans did in the off season it sure is nice to see their season and star running back turn out to be a total failure so far.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And by the way I call BS on his injury

I honestly think he is using it as an excuse to not play and embarrass himself more than he already has

It would not surprise me if the story develops into something along the lines that he was injured during the pre season and he had been playing injured both of the regular season games. And he or Philly will blame that on his poor performance

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Murray was never a fit for that scheme. It was a stupid decision by the guy calling all the shots there in Philly.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree
That's what I was saying to my PHI guys. But they had their hard on for the guy thinking he was going to be their savior

His pride is destroyed! I can see him missing multiple games with this injury just so he can blame his stats and performance on anything but himself

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This reminds me much of the last time Philadelphia tried to buy a Lombardi by assembling a "dream team."

Reaction score
They didn't assemble a dream team this time though. In fact most people thought they got rid of their best players.

Which it seems they did...

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They are already calling for Chips head! I wonder how many more losses they need before they actually replace him.

It's not like they consider this a rebuilding year. If they don't go at least 10-6 then the head office and the fans will consider the Chip Kelly experiment a failure

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it's official
DM is out for the game with the Jets

I knew that now he got paid that if he got as much as a hangnail he would be sitting out games

No incentive for him to play thru it now that he got his pay day

Kurt Warner actually said that the Eagles are a better team without him in the game

Lmao

Such a fall from grace

Last edited:
Top Bottom