bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
only if they homer out like Witten or say banal things like "we're getting better."

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
that's just trite athlete-speak, but Witten boasting that he'll be holding the Lombardi Trophy next February certainly raises expectations, no? he seems to think the team is better than it is

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
fans, mostly, but also the TV networks who award them primetime games (despite not deserving them) and certain media personalities (Bayless, until recently)

Some fan... sure. I'm sure this phenomenon of a group of fans "over-hyping" their team only applies to Cowboys.

Another thing idiot. The Cowboys ARE deserving of primetime because they are the biggest draw. period. As many people tha tlove the Cowboys, you have an equal amount that hate them, but like to watch them... lose. From a pure economic standpoint, having the Cowboys on tv is a moneymaker.

And what other media personalities are overhyping them? The most I can recall anyone saying is that teams that missed the playoffs last season but are likely to make it this season, the Cowboys were listed. Yea, that's over-hype, despite the fact that they win the last game they would have been in the playoffs.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
that's just trite athlete-speak, but Witten boasting that he'll be holding the Lombardi Trophy next February certainly raises expectations, no? he seems to think the team is better than it is

So the fuck what. He's not a fickle fan. He's a player. He plays the game to win.

You bitch like a woman. If Witten were to say something that showed a lack of confidence, you'd be bitching about that.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Some fan... sure. I'm sure this phenomenon of a group of fans "over-hyping" their team only applies to Cowboys.

True, but I have a special contempt for fans who would clamor for Jerry's autograph in training camp.

Another thing idiot. The Cowboys ARE deserving of primetime because they are the biggest draw. period. As many people tha tlove the Cowboys, you have an equal amount that hate them, but like to watch them... lose. From a pure economic standpoint, having the Cowboys on tv is a moneymaker.

Silly. That's like saying Star Wars should garner the most Oscars because it sold the most tickets. The Cowboys in primetime has everything to do with greed, not merit. Those games should be a reward for excellence.

And what other media personalities are overhyping them? The most I can recall anyone saying is that teams that missed the playoffs last season but are likely to make it this season, the Cowboys were listed. Yea, that's over-hype, despite the fact that they win the last game they would have been in the playoffs.

I'm sure that if you reviewed those annual pre-season magazines over the last few years, most had the Cowboys making the playoffs. Bryan Broaddus is certainly drinking the Kool-Aid. http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ys-will-win-11-games-because-of-tony-romo.ece

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
So the fuck what. He's not a fickle fan. He's a player. He plays the game to win.

You bitch like a woman. If Witten were to say something that showed a lack of confidence, you'd be bitching about that.

so what? that doesn't give him the right to be delusional about the team's prospects or give naive fans false hope. no one in their right mind thinks they'll be in the Super Bowl this year.

btw, did I run over your dog or something? you seem to be disagreeing with me in the most personal terms, and you're always throwing the first punch.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
bb wanted him to say, quote... yeah man, we suck. I wish like fuck we'd do better but obviously our owner the man who pays me millions doesn't see that he needs a real gm and a coach.... end quote.

That's all, nothing much.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Really, why make the rounds on those shows at all? I don't get it. Maybe his agent says do it to increase his visibility or something.

I was thinking the same thing. What's the point of this crap and how much is there really to talk about? Maybe 24-7 football doesn't quite work and people trying to drag sound-bytes out of a guy who runs around with a football makes it obvious. Not everybody is a TV personality.

Leave the jabbering to Jones. At least he's good comedy.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Silly. That's like saying Star Wars should garner the most Oscars because it sold the most tickets. The Cowboys in primetime has everything to do with greed, not merit. Those games should be a reward for excellence.

Weak analogy. The NFL receives most of its revenue for televised games. It's purely economics. Call it greed or whatever. But how is it greed if the fans are requesting it? It's called the free market. No matter how bad the Cowboys may be doing, they will always be a top sell. Deal with it. And as much you bitch about them being prime time... DON'T WATCH, when they are on. I'm more than glad that I get to see the Cowboys on prime time.

Can't understand what kind of bitch that calls themselves a Cowboys' fan, complains about them being on prime time.

I'm sure that if you reviewed those annual pre-season magazines over the last few years, most had the Cowboys making the playoffs. Bryan Broaddus is certainly drinking the Kool-Aid. http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ys-will-win-11-games-because-of-tony-romo.ece

So what. It's all opinion-based. The Cowboys are talented enough that they should be talked about being in the playoffs.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
so what? that doesn't give him the right to be delusional about the team's prospects or give naive fans false hope. no one in their right mind thinks they'll be in the Super Bowl this year.

btw, did I run over your dog or something? you seem to be disagreeing with me in the most personal terms, and you're always throwing the first punch.

He has every right to be delusional, like you have every right to be a whiny inbred bitch. Witten has given his heart and soul to this team. They broke the mold when they made him. I'd be worried if Witten didn't talk like that, because that means he no longer has passion for the the game and for this team.

I wish we had a whole team of "delusional" Wittens.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Weak analogy. The NFL receives most of its revenue for televised games. It's purely economics. Call it greed or whatever. But how is it greed if the fans are requesting it? It's called the free market. No matter how bad the Cowboys may be doing, they will always be a top sell. Deal with it. And as much you bitch about them being prime time... DON'T WATCH, when they are on. I'm more than glad that I get to see the Cowboys on prime time.

Can't understand what kind of bitch that calls themselves a Cowboys' fan, complains about them being on prime time.

Who's complaining? I'm selfishly pleased that we're the beneficiaries of the networks' greed, but that doesn't make it any less unfair. We're rewarded because we're popular and polarizing, not because we've earned it.

He has every right to be delusional, like you have every right to be a whiny inbred bitch.

smh_zps4f5c2cce.gif

Witten has given his heart and soul to this team. They broke the mold when they made him. I'd be worried if Witten didn't talk like that, because that means he no longer has passion for the the game and for this team.

I wish we had a whole team of "delusional" Wittens.

I see. Hard work and passion give you license to lie through your teeth. Gotcha. Your man-crush on Witten is creepy even by CZ standards.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Who's complaining? I'm selfishly pleased that we're the beneficiaries of the networks' greed, but that doesn't make it any less unfair. We're rewarded because we're popular and polarizing, not because we've earned it.

smh_zps4f5c2cce.gif

I see. Hard work and passion give you license to lie through your teeth. Gotcha. Your man-crush on Witten is creepy even by CZ standards.

and your hatred of jones is just as valid.

i moved to dallas and saw us beat san deigo after a 1-15 season and the 1st year for johnson. i was there the day emmett broke the rushing record.

but i still can't let a sports franchise get me as bitter as you. you can't enjoy anything. you can't appreciate anything. you and the ones running this place seem to do it to just bitch.

i'm not saying it's not without reason.

but sooner or later you need to move on from things you can't control.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
and your hatred of jones is just as valid.

i moved to dallas and saw us beat san deigo after a 1-15 season and the 1st year for johnson. i was there the day emmett broke the rushing record.

but i still can't let a sports franchise get me as bitter as you. you can't enjoy anything. you can't appreciate anything. you and the ones running this place seem to do it to just bitch.

i'm not saying it's not without reason.

but sooner or later you need to move on from things you can't control.

Ice, sooner or later you need to move on from things you can't control, like me "bitching" about Jerry or delusional TEs.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ice, sooner or later you need to move on from things you can't control, like me "bitching" about Jerry or delusional TEs.

fair point.

and i see where it's gotten you.

a private hell.

congrats.

Last edited:

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
:lol "private hell"

try to be a little less dramatic

heh, set up a forum to whine at an owner of a franchise you can't control.

try to be a bit more realistic.

and renew domain names on time.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
better to set up a site dedicated to fluffing Jerry and hoping that he'll see it one day and adopt you.

That's much more realistic.

Top Bottom