Reaction score
Deion Sanders: Cowboys latest wins are just benefit of favorable matchups

07:17 PM CST on Monday, November 22, 2010
SportsDayDFW.com

Former Cowboy defensive back Deion Sanders and former NFL coach Steve Mariucci weighed in on the Cowboys performance Sunday on the NFL Network. Here are their opinions.

On the Cowboys two-game winning streak being the result of the coaching change:
Deion Sanders: "It has a lot to do with matchups, it has a lot to do with that the Giants slept on this Dallas Cowboys team a week ago. And with Jason Garrett , 36 of the 53 players had only played for Wade Phillips and now this is the first time in their careers that they ever seen someone terminated. 'Guys, they're firing people out there, we got to get it going.' And plus, they played against the Detroit Lions. Come on, man."

Steve Mariucci: "Jason Garrett's the interim head coach and he's on an audition, let's face it alright. Well, his first two games are wins. That's what you can do, win 'em ugly, win 'em great, just win 'em. Now, we have a schedule to judge their team by. You're talking about New Orleans on Thanksgiving. How about at Indy? And then Philly twice. O.K., now we'll see what you got."

On Tony Romo getting healthy:

Sanders: "I don't know if they want him back right now. Kitna's balling.

• • •

C

Cr122

Steve Mariucci: "Jason Garrett's the interim head coach and he's on an audition, let's face it alright. Well, his first two games are wins. That's what you can do, win 'em ugly, win 'em great, just win 'em. Now, we have a schedule to judge their team by. You're talking about New Orleans on Thanksgiving. How about at Indy? And then Philly twice. O.K., now we'll see what you got."

I can see us winning those games, but Indy is banged up and the Saints aren't playing like they did last year.

The difference with Philly is Vick, but we can still play with them.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Deion . . . is an idiot.

Indeed. Most teams that win are the result of the winning team having a favorable matchup. As for the Giants sleeping...? No. No team in the NFC East sleeps on another. Giants' fans feel differently Deion. Some have mentioned that they do not want to face the Cowboys again.

sbk92

Reaction score
The Giants definitely looked past the Cowboys.

You look past shit teams when you have a battle for the division lead a week later.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Giants definitely looked past the Cowboys.

You look past shit teams when you have a battle for the division lead a week later.

I don't think they did. And if they supposedly did... for how long? Certainly not the entire game.

Reaction score
I don't think they did. And if they supposedly did... for how long? Certainly not the entire game.

They didn't look past us.

You don't look past your divisional opponents. Especially when players like Tuck, Jacobs, and others on that team have gone on record stating how much they hate the Cowboys.

C

Cr122

They didn't look past us.

You don't look past your divisional opponents. Especially when players like Tuck, Jacobs, and others on that team have gone on record stating how much they hate the Cowboys.

Your right, they didn't look past us.

No one wants to admit we beat them fair and square.

Oh, sorry they had some injuries, huh? So didn't we.

sbk92

Reaction score

Probably not. But by the time they realized we weren't laying down it was too late. They aren't infinitely more talented than we are. When we're properly coached and focused, we're probably right on their level.

But it's human nature to look past the Cowboys going into that game. They had no reason to respect them. We're dealing with human beings here not robots. You don't bring your A game every week. I don't think they had the pep in their step during the week of practice expecting an easy game and they paid for it on Sunday.

C

Cr122

I picture you with headphones on and clutching a baseball.

That's funny, I thought I seen you here in the wife beater.

[video=youtube;gXO0j0aNtuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXO0j0aNtuU[/video]

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Probably not. But by the time they realized we weren't laying down it was too late.

Too late? When did they realize we weren't laying down and when was it too late? 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, etc?

They aren't infinitely more talented than we are. When we're properly coached and focused, we're probably right on their level.

And that's why they were not looking pass us.

But it's human nature to look past the Cowboys going into that game. They had no reason to respect them. We're dealing with human beings here not robots. You don't bring your A game every week. I don't think they had the pep in their step during the week of practice expecting an easy game and they paid for it on Sunday.

On what basis were they looking pass the Cowboys? You offered up no evidence aside from them losing---which isn't evidence at all. When McCann INT Manning while covering Nicks, did Nicks or Manning "lay down" on that play? What plays exactly did they lay down on? Please pinpoint. I suppose that the Giants also were looking past the Eagles to the Jaguars and that's why they also lost to the Eagles.

Were you in attendence of their practices?

sbk92

Reaction score
Too late? When did they realize we weren't laying down and when was it too late? 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, etc?

And that's why they were not looking pass us.

On what basis were they looking pass the Cowboys? You offered up no evidence aside from them losing---which isn't evidence at all. When McCann INT Manning while covering Nicks, did Nicks or Manning "lay down" on that play? What plays exactly did they lay down on? Please pinpoint. I suppose that the Giants also were looking past the Eagles to the Jaguars and that's why they also lost to the Eagles.

Were you in attendence of their practices?

First, they weren't looking "pass" anyone. They were looking past the Cowboys.

Let's try to keep this on at least a 3rd grade reading level.

It's called a trap game. Anybody who ever dealt with betting knows it. I didn't invent the scenario. Coaches talk about it all the time. I'm only explaining this because I'm dealing with idiot homers who can't tolerate honest debate on their football team. They want to pretend the Giants had the game circled on their calendar.

They didn't. Because we are shit. Nobody respects 1-7. And they just beat us down two weeks before. And because the Eagles and the division lead was at stake the next week. That's a classic trap game. Textbook.

It took me all of five minutes of the 1st quarter to see that the Giants were going through the motions.

I'll take the win...but I know it came against a team looking past us.

No homer spin here. Ever.

Reaction score
Deion . . . is an idiot.

Primetime is a blowhard and is looking to be kinda like Troy with a hardline stance towards his former team.(Anti-M.Irvin)
What he needs to realize is that you need facts or at least some decent insight besides a "favorable matchup" take.

Deion really showed his hand at trying to play the blowhard role when he suggested that we should stick with Kitna over Romo. Really Deion ? REALLY ??? and I thought you made too many "business decisions" in your career to have ever been knocked upside the head too much.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't think Deion views himself a Cowboy. He played too many years elsewhere.

For whatever reason, he's not a big believer in Romo. I think it stems from the T.O. situation, who is tight with Deion.

As an analyst I find him right on the worthless border.

Reaction score
I don't think Deion views himself a Cowboy. He played too many years elsewhere.

For whatever reason, he's not a big believer in Romo. I think it stems from the T.O. situation, who is tight with Deion.

As an analyst I find him right on the worthless border.

I think it's because Romo schools Deion on the Health Club B-Ball courts in Dallas. Even Deion admits to it lol

but really, I agree he doesn't view himself as a Cowboy and most fans don't either even though he played in Dallas as long as anywhere else and makes his home in Dallas.

sbk92

Reaction score
His whole Primetime bravado is just annoying to me now that he's not playing.

Reaction score
It's called a trap game. Anybody who ever dealt with betting knows it. I didn't invent the scenario.

Divisional games with your rivals are not trap games. Most divisional games accross the league are close. Both teams know each other too well.

Had the Giants played the Bills, then you could make a case that it was a trap game because they were looking ahead to the Eagles.

They want to pretend the Giants had the game circled on their calendar.

They didn't. Because we are shit. Nobody respects 1-7. And they just beat us down two weeks before. And because the Eagles and the division lead was at stake the next week. That's a classic trap game. Textbook.

The fact that it was a division game, and they would be playing the Eagles for the division lead the following week, is just another reason why it wouldn't be a trap game.

They knew they needed to defeat us to have some flexibility with the Eagles. If they beat us, a loss to the Eagles would tie the two teams for first in the division. But lose to us, and lose to the Eagles, and suddenly they're in 2nd.

It wasn't a trap game.

Top Bottom