Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just have Romo fatigue and will be very happy when he is in Cleveland, backing up Manziel.

Like it or not he is the face of the franchise. The face of failure and mediocrity. The face of 8-8, 8-8, 8-8. The face of the fumbled extra point snap in Seattle. The face of many other game losing gaffes. It's nine years of this same shit and I am ready for it to be over.

He's not a quarterback God like so many paint him as. He's just a kid from nowhere who never played on a winning team who got in the big league and did very well - for himself. No matter what else the rest of the team does, good or bad, people just never want to lay any of the mediocrity or failure on Romo in any way. But he's the daddy of this, the last nine years. He is the face. I am sick of him already. Have been for a long time.

Reaction score
Isn't that about how it is, in this age of parity? The last team to score generally does win.
I'm not the one who said having to score last to win is the exception not the rule.

But I agree that it's not rare to have to do that. I feel like we have to deal with it more often than most teams though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm not the one who said having to score last to win is the exception not the rule.

But I agree that it's not rare to have to do that. I feel like we have to deal with it more often than most teams though.
Of course I understand it wasn't your meter. And I also understand the perception that it's us more than them.

Reaction score
I dont want to start a "we name old shitty players " run. But The Bledsoe thing was especially obscure. We were getting a handful
Of bizarre parcells mainstays he wanted to plug in while we built a real team. Only he got his heart broke in Seattle and quit before he could build that structure up.

DYK: internally parcells and the staff thought they could've won the bowl. Bears and colts were in our way. Wasn't impossible.

So romo could've went from winning a super bowl as an Udfa and Thus parcells maybe sticks around a bit and leaves us with a few apprentices of his. And romo would've been a much better player all these years and most importantly we wouldnt have gone through all this tedious romo shit.

So The seattle bobble was a bad thing

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I dont want to start a "we name old shitty players " run. But The Bledsoe thing was especially obscure. We were getting a handful
Of bizarre parcells mainstays he wanted to plug in while we built a real team. Only he got his heart broke in Seattle and quit before he could build that structure up.

DYK: internally parcells and the staff thought they could've won the bowl. Bears and colts were in our way. Wasn't impossible.

So romo could've went from winning a super bowl as an Udfa and Thus parcells maybe sticks around a bit and leaves us with a few apprentices of his. And romo would've been a much better player all these years and most importantly we wouldnt have gone through all this tedious romo shit.

So The seattle bobble was a bad thing
I agree with this totally. It was a turning point, historic moment nobody except maybe Parcells himself, realized at the time.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If I were going to try and fix this team in a hurry to win now, I would:

1. Fire and hire qualified coach.
2. Make the safety position a priority.
3. Find a permanent replacement for Sean Lee.
4. Find a WR that can stretch the field.
5. Add something decent to DL.

99. Now since everything else is in working order, we may as well try to upgrade the QB position.

Definitely.

Top Bottom