dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good bye & good riddance, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Your ST units have underachieved since the day you got here. If it werent for Dan Bailey and a few returns by Dez and Dwayne Harris, you'd be a 100% total failure.

Also, saw where Toub ended up in KC with Reid.

Source: DeCamillis eyes Bears' Special Teams job

1/15/2013 5:19:22 PM

There are expected to be no shortage of candidates eying the Chicago Bears' special teams coordinator position in the wake of Dave Toub departing the organization after nine seasons, Jeff Dickerson of ESPN Chicago reports.

One veteran assistant believed to be interested in the job is Dallas Cowboys special teams coach Joe DeCamillis, according to a source familiar with the situation.

DeCamillis was one of the 13 known candidates to meet with Bears general manager Phil Emery about the club's vacant head coaching position, but DeCamillis was not among the finalists invited to Halas Hall for a second interview.

Perhaps the biggest obstacle facing DeCamillis in any potential move to Chicago is the fact he is under contract with the Cowboys through the 2013 season. Unless the Bears offer the 47-year old the title of assistant head coach, Dallas would need to release DeCamillis from his contract in order for him to accept the same position with another organization.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
assistant head coach is enough of a promotion to steal someone elses coach? i thought it only applied if they were promoted to head coach

63echo

Reaction score
Wonder why DeCamilis would consider leaving Dallas for the same position in Chicago since it seems to be clear he won't be out and out fired here?

Unless.......

Nah.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wonder why DeCamilis would consider leaving Dallas for the same position in Chicago since it seems to be clear he won't be out and out fired here?

Unless.......

Nah.

He is friends with their new GM I read somewhere.

Also another article I read said he would probably be allowed to leave for the Oakland ST job this year (he wasnt last yr) if he wanted to go there.

Reaction score
‏@ProFootballWkly
RT @danpompei: BREAKING: Joe DeCamillis will be Bears assistant head coach, special teams coordinator, sources say.

Reaction score
Thank goodness. This guy lost his edge and effectiveness about 2 years ago.

Give someone else a chance to make the special teams shitty.

Reaction score
He wasn’t that bad. He had shit to work with. No depth on the team. Would have been nice to see a punt block every so often. Not sure he has ever had one but have had multiple blocked.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He wasn’t that bad. He had shit to work with. No depth on the team. Would have been nice to see a punt block every so often. Not sure he has ever had one but have had multiple blocked.

he was garbage

nobody in the NFL has 11 probowlers lining up on ST units

Reaction score
he was garbage

nobody in the NFL has 11 probowlers lining up on ST units

Yea, you gave your opinion already. I am giving mine. I get it, everyone is to blame and every new hire is the solution. I think the constant shitting on coaches is lame because it diverts attention away from Jerry Jones and the shit team and structure he has put together. DeCammilis was a good coach. Why he is wanted by other teams. Nobody wants garage...well almost nobody.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yea, you gave your opinion already. I am giving mine. I get it, everyone is to blame and every new hire is the solution. I think the constant shitting on coaches is lame because it diverts attention away from Jerry Jones and the shit team and structure he has put together. DeCammilis was a good coach. Why he is wanted by other teams. Nobody wants garage...well almost nobody.

Yeah, he was wanted by the Raiders and the team that just hired Marc Trestman as HC, a coach who himself was laughed out of the NFL several years ago and had to go to Canada.

Color me unimpressed.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Okay, so what 75-year old Special Team Coach is out there that Lacewell thinks is awesome ?

Top Bottom