dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice win, we did what we were supposed to do this week and kept the playoff hopes alive.

1) Great game (really first half) by Romo. He had two plays I didnt like (both on that opening drive of the 2nd half) otherwise he was outstanding. 2nd half they pretty much shut it down and tried to melt clock, but I thought they responded well after the turnover to get the long drive for the FG.

2) Felix Jones had his 2nd straight really good game too. We're lucky to have two guys as good as Murray and Jones. Alot of people look pretty stupid with some of their comments about what a bum Jones was, how he wasnt worth where he was picked and wasnt capable of having really good games. He's essentially played 3 games this year where 1) He was healthy and 2) they had a healthy Fiametta at FB. And he's went over 100 in all 3 of them. He'll definitely be a key next week vs Philly.

3) Love our WR trio, and it seems like a strong possibility we''ll end up with 2 WR's both with 10+ tds now, as Bryant and Robinson both have 9. Austin looks like he is healthy too. Combined with Witten, we can really hurt teams downfield. The Bucs played a ton of 2 deep coverage and Witten was able to hurt them downfield. There were a few plays Romo went elsewhere with the throw that Witten had gotten open deep too. Interesting stat on Dez Bryant. Almost 80% of his receptions (40 out of 51) go for first downs. If you look at the league leaders in receptions, thats far and away above the average for those listed among the league leaders there. Most are somewhere in the 60-65% range. Bryant also ranks near the top of the league receivers in plays over 20+ yards.

4) Glad they were able to get Ware and Ratliff off the field for the entire 2nd half. Although the defense is definitely hopeless wuthout them. Lee and Jenkins are also outstanding, but outside of these 4 guys we're weak. Thought Spears had a good game last night too. Lissemore continues to be pretty active too, although it seems he is better from the DE spot than from the NT position. Looks like a potential starter down the road.

5) I've been critical at times of Romo this year (and some of it was definitely warranted) but how many other years can you think of was there a QB on a playoff calibar team with a stat line like his now (almost 66% completion %, over 8yds per attempt, 29 tds, only 9 picks, plays on a team without much of a defense and the guy is a total afterthought as a MVP candidate. I'm not saying he should win it but it almost seems like he wont get runner up discussion or maybe not votes at all.

6) Every key assistant (ie, coordinator) and head coach is guilty of this somewhere. They find "pet" players or fall in love with certain guys. Alex Albright seems like one of those guys for Rob Ryan. I think he's a decent special teams guy, but he is a nothing on defense and probably shouldnt be out there. Yet almost every week now he is out there logging snaps with the regular defense.

7) 16 different players on our defense have credit for at least one pass defensed. Alot of them are DB's or LB's. Even among the DL's though, only Lissemore and Brent dont have credit for a pass defensed. Yet the team's starting FS, the guy who has probably played 100% of the snaps this year and was supposed to know the scheme betetr than anyone else here has ZERO. 14 games now, he has ZERO. He's arguably the worst regular DB starter I have ever seen when it comes to instincts with the ball in the air. He also has poor range. Getting another pass rusher opp Ware should be critical for next yr, but replacing Abe Elam at FS should be priority #2.

8) Interesting stat I found on Felix Jones and further proof some dont know what the heck they are talking about when it comes to him:
NEXT LEVEL: Felix Jones gained 49 of his 108 rushing yards (45.4 percent) after contact Saturday against the Buccaneers, averaging 2.2 yards after contact per rush. Jones entered the game ranked fourth in the league in yards after contact (2.5 yards after contact/rush), with 53.5 percent of his total rush yards coming after contact.

9) Hats off to Sammy Morris, who was nifty and powerful as a runner in his first action all year. Nice add by the team late in the season.

10) Doug Free didnt have a great game last night, but the guy I thought struggled the most was Kyle Kosier. Free's definitely going to RT next yr with Smith moving to LT, but I think Kosier is seeing his last starts here. Will be interesting to see if they try to keep Montrae Holland, who wouldnt be a bad fall back at one starting G spot. I was disappointed they didnt start Kowalski last night, in fact I dont think he played at all. Would have loved to seen more of him before years end.

11) Mat McBriar really hasnt been the same this year after this nerve issue. It ultimately didnt matter much last night, but his punting was awful.

12) Hopefully we dodged some bullets with injuries last night. Liosing Tyron Smith would have been a disaster, but he says he is ok. I did think it was dumb of the team to have guys like Romo and Witten on the field on that final drive, and Witten got rolled up on during one play late and was a little hobbled afterward.

Reaction score
1. Romo really impressed me. I wish we could take that Jets and Detroit melt-downs away, and I think he'd get MVP consideration. Although maybe not because Eli is playing ridiculously well also and the only one who gets MVP mention is Rodgers.

Truthfully, I doubt Romo will ever get MVP consideration because the perception of him failing in critical situations or down the stretch is so strong. Even last night, as great a December (statistically) as he's having, there was a lot of talk in pre-game by not only idiots, but by some more intelligent commentators (Kurt Warner, for example) about Romo and not being trustworthy.

When we flubbed that final drive in AZ, it was all said that Garrett didn't call another play or time out with 20+ seconds on the clock because Garrett didn't trust Romo.

Romo is going to need an Elway-esque like "Drive" in a Championship game in order to start to shed that perception.

2. Lissemore, Spears, and Butler impressed me on the defense. They all seemed to step up. Spears -- you never call his name much, but he made his presence felt last night.

3. Sammy Freakin' Morris. When I found out we signed a 34 year old rb who averaged 2.8ypc in his last season as a reserve, images of a haggard Marion Barber or Eddie George went through my mind. You know... slow-footed, like he's wearing cement shoes, plodding to the line.

Color me pleasantly suprised. The guy ran with burst like a young pup. Loved to see it.

4. Astonishing stats on Elam, Dbair. That is pretty bad. Glad we didn't re-sign him. Hope we don't either.

5. Laurent Robinson.... I can't believe Norv Turner elected to keep Patrick Crayton over this guy. I'm not going to go over the top, but he's incredible. What a find. Some of the catches he makes. Love the guy.

8-6. It's where we are. We should be better if we could've closed some games out... but whatever. Hopefully things go our way a little today, and we can finish the season strong. I hate that this year is almost over... but Saturday can't get here soon enough. Bring on the Eagles.

Reaction score
Also... Martellus Bennett had a good game. Got some looks, and didn't screw anything up.

We'd be better on offense if we could get him involved.

Reaction score
Fuck Laurent Robinson in his waiver wire ass. Seriously, stealing stats from DEz and inflating his price.

You're not that damned important Robinson. Romo is gifting you these plays

Last edited:
Reaction score
3) Love our WR trio, and it seems like a strong possibility we''ll end up with 2 WR's both with 10+ tds now, as Bryant and Robinson both have 9. Austin looks like he is healthy too. Combined with Witten, we can really hurt teams downfield. The Bucs played a ton of 2 deep coverage and Witten was able to hurt them downfield. There were a few plays Romo went elsewhere with the throw that Witten had gotten open deep too. Interesting stat on Dez Bryant. Almost 80% of his receptions (40 out of 51) go for first downs. If you look at the league leaders in receptions, thats far and away above the average for those listed among the league leaders there. Most are somewhere in the 60-65% range. Bryant also ranks near the top of the league receivers in plays over 20+ yards.

Miles definitely has quicker feet than the others and is great with the shorter routes. He ran a gorgeous whip route in the 2nd half. He's nit as electric as DEz with the YAC but he'll give you a good 8-14 if he gets it in some space.

ThreeSportStar80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Good post... I definitely like the offense right now. I think the defense leaves a lot to be desired however. It's sad because the most money has been spent on that side of the ball. I think the best way to correct the issues is to continue to draft playmakers.

I want a ball hawk CB in the 2012 draft.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch the game because of work. . . Anyone have any idea when it re-airs?

Also, thanks to those who posted their thoughts on the game.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tyron smith was hit in the head and all they did was check his neck he was fine.

I find it hillarious that chris berman and those nitwits at espn were saying last night after the loss to the skins Eli Manning is a MVP Candidate because he has carried a bad defense and has played great....umm what? lost 6 of 7 and is now 6-13 at home in dec-jan.....sure thats an mvp alright. amazing.

Brad Sham said during the game that mcbriar is doing everything he can to be healthy but his plant foot is just not right and it is affecting him. Hopefully it doesnt help get us beat ...again.

we are forced to play albright at times, only have 4 olb and if spencer and ware are both resting...

Sammy morris has been working out with randy white in frisco! pretty cool.

and here is something interesting to me, Sammy Morris played one game for us so far and he played on all 4 special teams units.......that is more than tashard choice ever did!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tyron smith was hit in the head and all they did was check his neck he was fine.

I find it hillarious that chris berman and those nitwits at espn were saying last night after the loss to the skins Eli Manning is a MVP Candidate because he has carried a bad defense and has played great....umm what? lost 6 of 7 and is now 6-13 at home in dec-jan.....sure thats an mvp alright. amazing.

Brad Sham said during the game that mcbriar is doing everything he can to be healthy but his plant foot is just not right and it is affecting him. Hopefully it doesnt help get us beat ...again.

we are forced to play albright at times, only have 4 olb and if spencer and ware are both resting...

Sammy morris has been working out with randy white in frisco! pretty cool.

and here is something interesting to me, Sammy Morris played one game for us so far and he played on all 4 special teams units.......that is more than tashard choice ever did!

Sammy Morris played with fire and played well. Now they just have to get him socks that fit.

He works out at the same 24-Hour Fitness as Randy, I don't think they were necessarily working out together.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sammy Morris played with fire and played well. Now they just have to get him socks that fit.

He works out at the same 24-Hour Fitness as Randy, I don't think they were necessarily working out together.

Right randy said sunday he has worked out with him so I just phrased it wrong I guess.

and I didnt mean like everyday or whatever. I was just unaware he lived in the area.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Right randy said sunday he has worked out with him so I just phrased it wrong I guess.

and I didnt mean like everyday or whatever. I was just unaware he lived in the area.

I didn't mean to sound like I was correcting you. I would be in awe of anyone who got to actually workout (football wise) with Randy White. The man should be a coach. Players would play for him or get beat up.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound like I was correcting you. I would be in awe of anyone who got to actually workout (football wise) with Randy White. The man should be a coach. Players would play for him or get beat up.

And no brick wall was safe. Ahhh those were the days.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Randy White was the greatest Dallas Cowboy ever.
It's still my birthday in this time zone,so arguments are automatically invalid.
Plus,I live in Luna County.

Reaction score
Randy White was the greatest Dallas Cowboy ever.
It's still my birthday in this time zone,so arguments are automatically invalid.
Plus,I live in Luna County.

Happy birthday, buddy. We got you a cake, but Bob ate it while crying about kids and old women.

Top Bottom