sbk92

Reaction score
Ok. But what about the ILBs? It's easier to find players to play on the DLine in the 4-3 as opposed to the 3-4. Fact is, there is more emphasis on the Dline in a 4-3 than in the 3-4. You have a decent 4-3 Dline, and you can get away with marginal players at the LB spot.

I basically disagree with everything you said.

sbk92

Reaction score
You can get 3-4 ILBs by converting 4-3 OLBs in college to there. Or you could just keep a college MLB at ILB.

And you can't always get away with having marginal players at the LB spot as some 4-3 Ds run the tampa-2.

You just have more options in a 3-4.

The one downside is you have to have a stud NT. It won't work if you don't. And those guys are rare.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

The one downside is you have to have a stud NT. It won't work if you don't. And those guys are rare.

The Jets are doing just fine with Sione Pouha at NT.

Hell, we were alright with Jason Ferguson, and he's never been considered a stud NT.

sbk92

Reaction score
The Jets are doing just fine with Sione Pouha at NT.

Hell, we were alright with Jason Ferguson, and he's never been considered a stud NT.

I always considered Ferguson a stud NT.

Stud as in occupy the blockers, not make highlight reel plays.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I basically disagree with everything you said.

And? The Saints prove my point. They won with players like Shanle and Fujita. Why? Because they had a Smith, Ellis, and Grant-type players. The Colts also had marginal LBs, but they had Freeny and Mathis up front.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And? The Saints prove my point. They won with players like Shanle and Fujita. Why? Because they had a Smith, Ellis, and Grant-type players. The Colts also had marginal LBs, but they had Freeny and Mathis up front.

No, because they had Brees and a ballhawking secondary.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Yeha alot it's doen us. You have a better rotation with a 4-3.

sbk92

Reaction score

Yeah but 1) both those teams are led by their offenses....and 2) That doesn't have anything to do with which scheme is easier to fill with quality players.

Bleu Star

Spectator
Reaction score
11) Hey Barber, there's this thing instinctive players do when they get close to the GL and see they cant run in, its called REACH OUT WITH THE BALL. That first run on the GL should have been an easy TD. This guy shouldnt get anymore PT here unless Jones or Choice got hurt.

I LOL'd when I got to this point. Spot on summary. All of it.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I remember going to the circus (Dallas Cowboys training camp) in Oxnard a few seasons back. And at the overrpriced, shitty quality merchandise area, they had a shirt there that said "Marion The Barbarian". I remember saying, "What a stupid ass shirt, is this for real? Fucking lame".

Marion is the new Barbie.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I remember going to the circus (Dallas Cowboys training camp) in Oxnard a few seasons back. And at the overrpriced, shitty quality merchandise area, they had a shirt there that said "Marion The Barbarian". I remember saying, "What a stupid ass shirt, is this for real? Fucking lame".

Marion is the new Barbie.

Yeah but at least he flops around like a fish after a 2 yard gain.

Top Bottom