bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
ogletreescab.gif

banana peel would have been funnier

Reaction score
Archer said they wanted Grubbs, but with the cap penalty and his asking price going to 7 mil per season they couldn't fit him in.

Scott wells has been injured all year and waters decided to retire. Can't really blame them foe not giving big money to either.

But yeah it needs to get better.

Waters was a top guard last year though.

Chris Myers was the other one.

We've had some pretty good drafts so I don't wanna say to hell with Murray we shoulda taken will rackley. Or screw the trade up we shoulda went Michael brokers + Kelechi osemele. Weve been hitting at a nice clip but still can't get any on the line

All the available cap dollars and all the picks and they're just whiffing for years now . And then on top of That they don't value the position. So when they do use a resource on a linemen odds are hell never suit up for us. And even if he does odds are hell be a stupid asshole who can't stay onsides or handle a twist.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
waters went to the pro bowl because he played for the league's best offense and people knew his name. I don't think he was a top guard.

Reaction score
I keep reading where people say Matt Johnson has "missed too much" to contribute this year. Anyone care to explain to me why he couldn't be caught up over the course of the next 14 weeks? He's already on the roster, correct? How does the rest of the team contribute week 1 after being given a significantly shorter amount of time to do their jobs?

What am I missing? Is he still injured? Wasn't he ready for the 4th preseason game?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I keep reading where people say Matt Johnson has "missed too much" to contribute this year. Anyone care to explain to me why he couldn't be caught up over the course of the next 14 weeks? He's already on the roster, correct? How does the rest of the team contribute week 1 after being given a significantly shorter amount of time to do their jobs?

What am I missing? Is he still injured? Wasn't he ready for the 4th preseason game?

He pulled his other hammy the 3rd or 4th preseason game. Still recovering apparently.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

He is a lost cause.

All we can hope for is that some of Barry Church's awesomeness rubs off on him. Otherwise we can get ready to watch him light people up after they've made 30 yard receptions like he did in his college "highlight" film.

Reaction score
He pulled his other hammy the 3rd or 4th preseason game. Still recovering apparently.

You're shitting me. Is he still on the roster? If so, why?

We need to start surgically reinforcing our players hamstrings...everyone is running around out there with 4lb test.

Also, Ray Rice > CJ.

Reaction score
What are you guys even arguing over?

Proper evaluation of available OL talent. It's like if they can't get the top prize in the class then they bow out. (just like when we missed out on Nnamdi but never even sniffed around Jonathan joeseph )

What if you took our F linemen and replaced them with B linemen. Is that worth a modest contract? The beating Trent cole will put on us tells me yes.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dbair - funny how you love to rip the officiating

but the reality is, without their blown fumble returned for a touchdown call...we probably lose that game

WTF?

Maybe had they not blown the Claibone call, they wouldnt have scored the first TD to begin with.

And the fumble shouldnt have mattered, they missed the OBVIOUS hands to the face call which would have negated the fumble and given us a first down.

Now go back to sleep.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, it's only bad officiating when it hurts us!

You big dummie GloryDays.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
the hat thrown in the endzone was because austin was out of bounds on the play not ogletree

I saw that somewhere else, but dont recall seeing Austin on the play. He certainly was not in the replay pictures they showed on TV. Where was he?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lol @ the Claiborne call being blown

That was absolutely a penalty on Claiborne. No two ways about it.

I dont know what planet you are from, but when the WR puts BOTH hands on the CB's back and pushes the CB to the ground, thats an obvious offensive PI.

Worst case is maybe a no call, but it was damn blatant.

Top Bottom