icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Two biggest plays of the game IMO were Daks TD run which they desperately needed at the time and then the penalty that took the TD off the board where AZ would have gone up 14-7, then their kicker blew the chip shot FG. Huge momentum swing there. Other observations: Jorudan Lewis looks like a possible difference maker on a defense that is desperate for one. Xavier Woods looks he'll develop too. OTOH Sean Lee looks like he lost a step the last couple weeks and he doesnt have a step lose. Taco, where are you?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Lewis has very interesting technique. Instead of watching the QB and ball, he watches the WR and his hands and eyes. IIRC he did that in college too. Knocks the ball away or strips last second. If it works keep doing it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lewis has very interesting technique. Instead of watching the QB and ball, he watches the WR and his hands and eyes. IIRC he did that in college too. Knocks the ball away or strips last second. If it works keep doing it.
Play the man, not the ball. And when the man's eyes bulge out like dollar gold pieces, get the ball.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Taco, where are you?

I hate replying to my own post but it seems Taco is having a hard time shedding blockers, not good. So while he figures that out make him a healthy scratch and let Irving or Tapper play. Nothing says disapointment like your first rounder being inactive but at least when Tapper was playing (yeah I know, epitome of fragile) he was in the same zip code as the opposing QB on the pass rush.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oh and one more thing: If it were up to me Byron Jones 5th year option doesnt get picked up. Epitomizes mediocrity. Doesnt shut down quality receivers, allergic to turnovers, and my grand mother tackles better.

It will get picked up. This Front Office cares more about being right than being good.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

And the kid's not afraid to mix it up and get in on tackles. He'll get beat this year, no doubt about it. But you can see the kid's got some skills.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Play the man, not the ball. And when the man's eyes bulge out like dollar gold pieces, get the ball.

It just drives me nuts that our DB's rarely turn for the ball. It's got to be because that's the way they're taught and that's how they practice. And it may work if you have rangy safeties that can get after the ball. But I'm not so sure that we do. And Heath has hands of stone. He's dropped at least two picks this year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It just drives me nuts that our DB's rarely turn for the ball. It's got to be because that's the way they're taught and that's how they practice.
It's fundamental stuff. I know it's taught from pee-wee onward. No damn idea how it gets coached out of them, or why.
And Heath has hands of stone. He's dropped at least two picks this year.
It's often said that if they could catch, they would be playing receiver instead. But what we have is what was mentioned earlier, our db's just seem to be allergic to the ball or something, or are afraid it's hot, might burn their hands. Something's wrong, we just don't get picks.

Top Bottom