dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I thought we'd lose, but I thought we had a chance to at least make it a competitive, hard fought game.

Boy was I wrong. This team is a concoction of horse shit, cow shit, dog & cat shit along with a few lumps of human shit.

We've had some bad losses over the years, but this one to me is quite eye opening and should be the final dagger to the heart for the pipedream of #4 ever becoming a quality, championship level QB. He is not capable.

1) Just as poorly prepared and motivated as a team could possibly be. Biggest regular season game of their lives on national TV, the early season NFL game of the year, and these clods laid the biggest egg of their careers. They were beaten before they ever stepped off the bus. The Niners punched them in the face on the opening drive and this team caved like a house of cards. They have no spine, no professional pride. It's the 2nd time in 3 weeks that this team has looked like the worst team in the NFL. This team won't sniff the playoffs and I think 7 or 8 wins is the best case scenario now.

2) It's time to swallow their pride and admit Prescott is not, and will never be "it". He was putrid again against this team and looked even more clueless than the previous two debacles against them, especially in the 2nd half. Started out by missing by a mile to an open Schoonmaker down the field and never looked back. Had one, maybe two good drives the entire game. Throws with no accuracy and is one of the slowest QB's ever to process the field and coverages. He's also a complete slug trying to escape the pocket now too. The Niners own him and he knows it.

3) Horrendous display of defense from start to finish. Everything the Niners tried worked to perfection. They blocked our lousy asses downfield almost every play. They had guys wide fucking open almost every time Purdy dropped back. They got completely sucked on a trick play for a TD and a day later they are still trying to find where George Kittle is. Defense is a complete and utter failure. Micah Parsons was a complete no-show again, then responded after the game with some truly idiotic bullshit. His head is not on right at this point.

4) Horrible showing by this team's safeties, who blew coverage after coverage and Jayron Kearse should 100% be benched immediately. He sux donkey dick, when he wasn't blowing coverages or missing tackles he was making complete fucktard penalties.

5) Bunch of bad injuries last night and we lost a few guys for a while it appears. We're really getting thin at CB. McCarthy said LVE to IR was a possibility, sounds like they got some bad news with the MRI there. Goodwin also to IR.

6) They have a serious Terrence Steele problem now. They need to hope to heaven that his struggles are due to the knee injury/recovery because if not, they just signed another guy to a massive bust of a contract. He has not been good all yr, but last night he was arguably the worst player on the field (which is saying something, because there were several others that could make that claim for us). He was a complete turnstile on pass downs and it wasn't just Bosa whipping him, it was backup guys too. Massive potential mismatches for Steele next week with the other Bosa and Khalil Mack lining up across from him.

7) I doubt it happens this week, but if Prescott shits the bed next Monday night (and I suspect he will) then they have to think long and hard about getting Trey Lance ready to see the field THIS year. Wouldn't surprise me if after the bye he either becomes a true "active" as the 3rd QB or is maybe moved the #2 spot altogether.

8) The NFL trade deadline is October 31st, which is after the Rams game. If we lose both these next two games, they should strongly consider unloading some guys for draft picks. It's probably not in Johnny Walker's DNA to think that way, but this team is going nowhere with Prescott and if they lose the next two, they should be sellers v buyers (which I thought was a possibility before last nights debacle). Even if it's moving a few middle of the road guys for middle round picks, getting as much ammo as possible for the 2024 draft should be at the top of their minds now.

9) I have no idea why this team is so bad on grass, but it's definitely a reality now. They play so damn slow and tentative on grass.

I have no optimism for the rest of this season at all. They suck and we all know it. They can't stop anybody on defense and the offense now has a measly 9 offensive tds in 5 games, they arnt going to get it going even with the return of the OL's. Prescott's days have to be numbered here now and the only thing I am at least somewhat looking forward to for the rest of this year is hopefully getting a few games of a healthy Trey Lance out there to see what kind of upside he has moving forward.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The team is overrated. The cowboys are always overrated! I sometimes go to other team websites. They don't have anywhere near the coverage that the cowboys have. We have something like 10 shows covering the cowboys. Even teams like the patriots don't have anywhere near what the cowboys have.

All of that leads to a lot of hype! Fans begin to believe the hype.

For example, ask almost any fan and the fan will tell you that any time there is a significant change in the offensive or defensive philosophy that it can take at least a year for the team to click. If you want to win the Super Bowl during that year then it's probably not a good idea to entirely change the system.

McCarthy changed the entire system. According to what I heard from Chris Collinsworth, we don't even have our seven step dropback package implemented. That means we are playing somewhat handicapped.

I have no problem with tweaking a system. I have no problem with adding different players to help tweak the system, but I do have a problem with changing how a defense runs or how an offense runs during a year that you hope to win the Super Bowl.

I know that everyone praises Dan Quinn and says that Dan Quinn changed the entire defense, but I'm not sure that is true. We were using a Seattle Seahawk type of approach for quite a few years before Dan Quinn came in. I think Quinn tweaked it and, of course, Parsons certainly helped.

But it's not as if Quinn changed us from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense or something like that. We were recruiting tall cornerbacks before Quinn got here.

So, McCarthy changing the offense is, in my opinion, a dumb move.

I would've sooner gotten rid of McCarthy than Moore because I would have had consistency in the offense.

If the team sucks, then go ahead and change whatever you want to change, but not in years when you are hoping to win it all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
McCarthy probably looks like he sux because of the limitations of the guy playing under Center.

There's just no way to sugarcoat it. Prescott started this deep slide at the end of last yr, he was brutally bad vs Tennessee and Washington, had himself a great game against a Tampa team that had clearly quit and didnt want to be there (and had a losing record) and then was awful vs San Fran in the playoff loss. There were no changes to the offense then.

Prescott has had a nice career (especially for a guy that was a 4th rd pick) but he in an extreme liability out there now. If he doesnt have a 100% clean pocket and somebody open immediately, he's in trouble. And it shows on the field. He also used to be able to punish defenses by getting out of the pocket and running, but he is one of the most unathletic and least mobile QB's in the league now due to the leg injury.

RogtaDru

Spectator
Reaction score
Seems like the only way that the offense has been effective in the 3 blowout wins over patsies is by the defense wreaking first half havoc with multiple sacks, turnovers and defensive scores to provide a lead.

With that kinda defensive dependency in order to just appear competent, you gotta expect there are gonna be games where the offense needs to shoulder its portion of team responsibility. To be honest, they just haven't.
I don't know about the rest of you but I am and have never been a big fan of the WCO. This McCarthy version of horizontal dink and dunk with an occasional run or screen thrown in is crap.
So for me the season boils down to whether this offense can improve to a level of average against any opponent with a pulse.
Eerily similar to that 2019 squad that feasted on crap squads and shit the bed against anybody decent.
There are still 12 games left to improve. But even with that said I have strong doubts about both the play caller and QB being able to defeat many of the remaining opponents.
Defensively, we were the 9ers bitch. Plain and simple. Their first half effort appeared hard but not hard enough. 3rd down penalty miscues sucked.
But yeah, they bitch slapped us in the trenches.
For whatever reason I cannot explain, and especially after that ass whoopin, I still feel far stronger about the defense than the offense getting their shit together to at least play assignment sound football against better opponents from here on out. It may just be an unfounded gut instinct and they end up getting crushed by other viable offenses they face, but I just trust Quinn more than McCarthy for some reason.

A whole lot more football to play.
All I can do at this point is to hope the 28 year GroundHog Day time loop we've been in is exorcised this year with some kinda improbable playoff run.
It is what it is.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
McCarthy probably looks like he sux because of the limitations of the guy playing under Center.

There's just no way to sugarcoat it. Prescott started this deep slide at the end of last yr, he was brutally bad vs Tennessee and Washington, had himself a great game against a Tampa team that had clearly quit and didnt want to be there (and had a losing record) and then was awful vs San Fran in the playoff loss. There were no changes to the offense then.

Prescott has had a nice career (especially for a guy that was a 4th rd pick) but he in an extreme liability out there now. If he doesnt have a 100% clean pocket and somebody open immediately, he's in trouble. And it shows on the field. He also used to be able to punish defenses by getting out of the pocket and running, but he is one of the most unathletic and least mobile QB's in the league now due to the leg injury.
I'm not here to defend Dak. But, I disagree with changing the offense. McCarthy should have either changed it right away or not at all.

I'm a fan who was screaming to keep drafting QBs after Dak's rookie year. Who knows, maybe we would have landed Mahomes.

The main problem I had when I tried to convince other fans was that they kept telling me about Dak's stats and the games won (as if other players have nothing to do with wins or losses). My argument that the team was primed for a SB win with Romo at the helm and Dak took over a SB caliber team fell on deaf ears.

I tried to point out that Dak's mechanics were weird. I had never seen an NFL QB straighten his front leg as he threw the ball, not that I could remember anyway.

When I pointed out that a good chunk of Dak's completions were a result of the receiver making an adjustment for the ball rather than catching the ball in stride, fans didn't care.

IN FAIRNESS TO DAK, he worked on his mechanics. If you look at how he throws now it is much better.

Still, he threatens nobody with his feet because he is a plodder. Teams don't need to place a spy on him. He isn't a great pocket passer. Teams will give up the occasional run.

So if you can't run and you're average in the pocket, well, you do not deserve to be paid what you're being paid! Dak's contract demands are my biggest gripe.

My second gripe is the GM named Jerry Jones who is scared to stand up to players when he is also the owner and won't fire himself. If there was ever a GM who had the power to tell a player, "I'm trading you", it's Jerry.

So what if the Redskins would have gotten Dak. They would have needed to give up half their DL to do it.

But who would have been our QB had we lost Dak? And that is the question Jerry, with all his billions, is scared to answer.

What about Tom Brady as a possibility? Maybe follow Brady up with Rodgers? Is Dak really so much better than Mayfield?

Jerry plays scared!

IMHO, we MUST win against the Chargers. A loss and things could spiral out of control. Finger pointing, frustration, not to mention 3 games down on Philly.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Don 't worry people! I just heard Jerry Jones on the website say that we have resolve and Dak will lead us to the promised land. So we're good.

We better hope that the Chargers don't have resolve too.

I almost want the Chargers to beat us just so I can hear Jerry's next line of bullshit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Don 't worry people! I just heard Jerry Jones on the website say that we have resolve and Dak will lead us to the promised land. So we're good.

I almost want the Chargers to beat us just so I can hear Jerry's next line of bullshit.
You know we're just sandbaggin. Real team not fielded yet. Yes this is the exact fuckin nexgen intelligence level Jerral is!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Drunken GM strikes again

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Phew. What a relief. I will sleep much better knowing this.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well, I thought we'd lose, but I thought we had a chance to at least make it a competitive, hard fought game.

Boy was I wrong. This team is a concoction of horse shit, cow shit, dog & cat shit along with a few lumps of human shit.

We've had some bad losses over the years, but this one to me is quite eye opening and should be the final dagger to the heart for the pipedream of #4 ever becoming a quality, championship level QB. He is not capable.

1) Just as poorly prepared and motivated as a team could possibly be. Biggest regular season game of their lives on national TV, the early season NFL game of the year, and these clods laid the biggest egg of their careers. They were beaten before they ever stepped off the bus. The Niners punched them in the face on the opening drive and this team caved like a house of cards. They have no spine, no professional pride. It's the 2nd time in 3 weeks that this team has looked like the worst team in the NFL. This team won't sniff the playoffs and I think 7 or 8 wins is the best case scenario now.

2) It's time to swallow their pride and admit Prescott is not, and will never be "it". He was putrid again against this team and looked even more clueless than the previous two debacles against them, especially in the 2nd half. Started out by missing by a mile to an open Schoonmaker down the field and never looked back. Had one, maybe two good drives the entire game. Throws with no accuracy and is one of the slowest QB's ever to process the field and coverages. He's also a complete slug trying to escape the pocket now too. The Niners own him and he knows it.

3) Horrendous display of defense from start to finish. Everything the Niners tried worked to perfection. They blocked our lousy asses downfield almost every play. They had guys wide fucking open almost every time Purdy dropped back. They got completely sucked on a trick play for a TD and a day later they are still trying to find where George Kittle is. Defense is a complete and utter failure. Micah Parsons was a complete no-show again, then responded after the game with some truly idiotic bullshit. His head is not on right at this point.

4) Horrible showing by this team's safeties, who blew coverage after coverage and Jayron Kearse should 100% be benched immediately. He sux donkey dick, when he wasn't blowing coverages or missing tackles he was making complete fucktard penalties.

5) Bunch of bad injuries last night and we lost a few guys for a while it appears. We're really getting thin at CB. McCarthy said LVE to IR was a possibility, sounds like they got some bad news with the MRI there. Goodwin also to IR.

6) They have a serious Terrence Steele problem now. They need to hope to heaven that his struggles are due to the knee injury/recovery because if not, they just signed another guy to a massive bust of a contract. He has not been good all yr, but last night he was arguably the worst player on the field (which is saying something, because there were several others that could make that claim for us). He was a complete turnstile on pass downs and it wasn't just Bosa whipping him, it was backup guys too. Massive potential mismatches for Steele next week with the other Bosa and Khalil Mack lining up across from him.

7) I doubt it happens this week, but if Prescott shits the bed next Monday night (and I suspect he will) then they have to think long and hard about getting Trey Lance ready to see the field THIS year. Wouldn't surprise me if after the bye he either becomes a true "active" as the 3rd QB or is maybe moved the #2 spot altogether.

8) The NFL trade deadline is October 31st, which is after the Rams game. If we lose both these next two games, they should strongly consider unloading some guys for draft picks. It's probably not in Johnny Walker's DNA to think that way, but this team is going nowhere with Prescott and if they lose the next two, they should be sellers v buyers (which I thought was a possibility before last nights debacle). Even if it's moving a few middle of the road guys for middle round picks, getting as much ammo as possible for the 2024 draft should be at the top of their minds now.

9) I have no idea why this team is so bad on grass, but it's definitely a reality now. They play so damn slow and tentative on grass.

I have no optimism for the rest of this season at all. They suck and we all know it. They can't stop anybody on defense and the offense now has a measly 9 offensive tds in 5 games, they arnt going to get it going even with the return of the OL's. Prescott's days have to be numbered here now and the only thing I am at least somewhat looking forward to for the rest of this year is hopefully getting a few games of a healthy Trey Lance out there to see what kind of upside he has moving forward.
One of your best efforts Dbair. I guess there are times when the words "shit show" alone, just wont cut it.

Top Bottom