dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Have been working from my home office today and have the all-22 version of our game Sunday on. A few things I noticed from the differing camera shots.

1) We came this <> close to perhaps getting another shutout. Goodwin didn't miss blocking the Pats initial FG by much at all.

2) Prescott definitely has to put the ball down and run on some of those misdrection plays, especially in the redzone. It's happened a few times this yr now where it appears he has a lot of daylight, there was one Sunday where Ferguson sprinted out in front to lead block and basically the whole Pats defense went with the ballcarrier, Prescott would have walked in and it appears Ferguson was letting him know it too. It happened at least twice in this game where he would have probably had walk-in TD's and I seem to recall a few others in the previous 3 games as well.

3) I didn't see our opening possession live because the Eagles/Foreskins game went to OT, but on the 3rd down and goal play it looks like Pollard probably would have scored fairly easy had he and Prescott not collided at the handoff point. One of the two went the wrong way.

4) I wondered why we'd do that fake PAT call when we did (the game was far from over though, and it was an ingenious freaking call and design) but upon watching the Pats adjustment to that afterward it definitely makes a little more sense. Yes, we put it out there when we could have perhaps saved it for later on a FG attempt, but the Pats responded by keeping two, and even a couple times three guys off the LOS to guard for the fake. Now that all the teams have seen it, they know if they try to have an all-out block like the Pats did they will leave themselves exposed. It makes the likelihood they can block one of our FG's less moving forward too.

5) Jake Ferguson is one tough dude, took some big pops and didn't seem to affect him at all. The other thing I noticed is as a group, these TE's block their asses off for the run and even sometimes the pass. There was at least one pass play I saw where Ferguson and Schoon stayed in and double teamed Judon, and they knocked him on his ass.

6) Tyler Smith has the makings of being the next all-world OL for us. The way he moves and the power he can use is extremely impressive. He EASILY gets to the 2nd level when he wants. It's hard not to look at a G wearing #73 for us and dominating the way he is and not see/think about Larry Allen a bit. And to think this is the first time he has played G.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Kid's been a great find. Let's hope he isnt a flash in the pan.

He makes it look effortless which is the way really good kickers all seem to do, so hopefully he's a long term solution for us at PK. So far he has been tremendous.

Hopefully he doesn’t shit the bed when we need him most like Money Maher did in the playoffs last years. He was killer all season then got the yips in the playoffs.

I was really hoping he was going to try that 65 yarder on Sunday. I was curious to see how he would do.

Too bad we screwed the pooch with the penalty which pushed us back into the no chance in hell range.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
5) Jake Ferguson is one tough dude, took some big pops and didn't seem to affect him at all. The other thing I noticed is as a group, these TE's block their asses off for the run and even sometimes the pass. There was at least one pass play I saw where Ferguson and Schoon stayed in and double teamed Judon, and they knocked him on his ass.

6) Tyler Smith has the makings of being the next all-world OL for us. The way he moves and the power he can use is extremely impressive. He EASILY gets to the 2nd level when he wants. It's hard not to look at a G wearing #73 for us and dominating the way he is and not see/think about Larry Allen a bit. And to think this is the first time he has played G.
Ferguson is your typical UW football player. Tough, fundamentally sound, and just quietly goes about his job.

As for Tyler Smith if he stays healthy the sky is the limit. I think he could be all pro at any O Line position if they just stick him at one position and let stay there, particularly on the interior.

Top Bottom