C

Cr122

Posted at 12:37 PM on Mon., Aug. 23, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Rookie free agent Danny McCray has made a big impression on special teams. Mention his name around Joe DeCamillis and the excitement in the voice of the Cowboys special teams coach is evident.

The coaches aren't the only ones to notice the effort put forth by the LSU safety. Fourth round pick Akwasi Owusu-Ansah spoke of McCray after the team's win over San Diego.

"Danny McCray, our gunner, he was pushing it,'' Owusu-Ansah said. "He was tired and giving that little bit extra. That's something that stood out to me. That's something I've got to apply to myself if I want to be exceptional.

"I think what I'm doing is good, but I want to be great. That little bit, that little inch of extra effort that I've seen other people give, I feel I've got to apply that more to myself.''

Owusu-Ansah will make this team.

McCray has given himself a chance to do the same with his play on special teams and a solid turn at safety against the Chargers.

sbk92

Reaction score
McCray looks to me like a legitimate special teams ace. He's that good covering kicks.

I don't know what kind of safety he is, but that's enough to get him on the roster and Sam Hurd off it, please.

C

Cr122

McCray looks to me like a legitimate special teams ace. He's that good covering kicks.

I don't know what kind of safety he is, but that's enough to get him on the roster and Sam Hurd off it, please.

Yeah, I think Hurd is gone, but Ogletree hasn't impressed either this camp.

I'm just holding out hope he's saving it for the regular season.

Top Bottom