ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It was five years and two days ago, that Wade was fired and this PoS assumed his current role.

Even worse, this is the ninth year he's been a coach here. Nine years! He's going to be here for a decade at least. I can barely remember when he wasn't here, when it was Parcells and Sparano.

Just terrible.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Even worse, this is the ninth year he's been a coach here. Nine years! He's going to be here for a decade at least. I can barely remember when he wasn't here, when it was Parcells and Sparano.

Just terrible.
I WOULD say it's been a dark decade of decline, but the darkness of mediocrity actually started in 1997. Actually, started with Switzer truth be told.

This year marks 20 years since we made a Super Bowl appearance.

Reaction score
I'm itching to wager my vCash, but I haven't watched a full Cowboys game since Week 3 (Falcons). I don't have a feel for which team I should pick this week.

After Week 3, I watched a quarter or so of the Saints game and maybe the first half of the second NY Giants game ... and that's been it, as best I can remember.

I did record all of the Cowboys' last 5 games, but deleted each recording, unwatched, each time I learned that the Cowboys lost. I don't enjoy the frustration of these sorts of losses. For me there is no point in watching this crap.

For that matter, I haven't watched but a few minutes of any given non-Cowboys NFL games this year. Despite that, I'm doing pretty well in fantasy football. I add and drop players based on their stats.

I've watched a good bit of SEC football this year and have enjoyed it. I've come to like the college game better.

Reaction score
Man, watching college football is frustrating as shit for me. Every week there's some ridiculous play that would never happen in the NFL that turns a winner into a loser. That fucking Arkansas wild ass lateral from last week being the latest moronic play. Having seasons turn on shit like that is ludicrous. The college football playoff is better than the BCS, but it's still a subpar way to determine a champion. At least in the NFL, if a stupid ass play like that does happen, you have 15 other games to make up for it, make the playoffs and settle it on the field. Not to mention any team not in the Big 10 or SEC has a distinct disadvantage in making the playoff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
College football sucks ass for the most part. I'm sorry, but games that routinely total 100+ points combined is garbage fucking football.

College games also take too damn long to play now. Many games last 4 hours or more.

The officiating might even be more outrageous in college football than NFL football, and that's saying something.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
College games also take too damn long to play now. Many games last 4 hours or more.
Yeah it's really harsh, makes it almost impossible to enjoy. If the NCAA were really interested in player safety, they would let the clock continue to run on incomplete passes and when 1st downs are made. Shorten the game considerably.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it's really harsh, makes it almost impossible to enjoy. If the NCAA were really interested in player safety, they would let the clock continue to run on incomplete passes and when 1st downs are made. Shorten the game considerably.

and get rid of that ridiculous pinball machine scoring OT rule

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have Dez not practicing with a knee injury, church, Hitchens, and Lee are also out

We are banged up right now. That's not all our injuries but just the ones I heard a few minutes ago

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, pretty lengthy list of guys beat up or out.

Season from hell, only way to explain it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tony will come back to the delight of cowboy fans around the world.....

Only to get sacked and break a rib and be out for the rest of the season

Then Lee will come back in three games only to receive another concussion and be forced to retire

Reaction score
Man, watching college football is frustrating as shit for me. Every week there's some ridiculous play that would never happen in the NFL that turns a winner into a loser. That fucking Arkansas wild ass lateral from last week being the latest moronic play. Having seasons turn on shit like that is ludicrous. The college football playoff is better than the BCS, but it's still a subpar way to determine a champion. At least in the NFL, if a stupid ass play like that does happen, you have 15 other games to make up for it, make the playoffs and settle it on the field. Not to mention any team not in the Big 10 or SEC has a distinct disadvantage in making the playoff.

One of the things that I really don't like about pro football is that I no longer cheer without hesitation for plays. I hold my breath and watch for a flag after nearly every play, and often I must wait several moments to see how the refs viewed the play through the contorted prism of ridiculously over-complex rules. For me, anyway, it feels like I'm cheering the interpretations of refs.

After the Dez catch in Green Bay was accurately ruled a non-catch by refs because NFL rules don't allow some actual catches to count as catches (because the rules committee wishes to prevent "cheap fumbles"), and more generally given how the NFL game has become so rule-bound (like the muscle-bound person who can only move awkwardly), I can't condone how the NFL refs its games. IMO, the cure is worse than the illness. I'd much rather see an occasional blown call than watch a rule-bound game that is so dominated by the impressions of refs who have been given the impossible task of implementing a ridiculously complex set of rules.

College football sucks ass for the most part. I'm sorry, but games that routinely total 100+ points combined is garbage fucking football.

The officiating might even be more outrageous in college football than NFL football, and that's saying something.

If I lived in Texas and followed the likes of Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, Houston, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State, I wouldn't like college football nearly as much. Pinball football holds no appeal to me either.

The length of games doesn't bother me. It didn't bother me back when NFL games were longer than they are now. I kind of liked it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Totally agree with ZC. I'm liking college football more than the NFL lately, and I never thought I'd ever say that. I used to watch college football pretty much only to sort of couch scout for players to draft, but the NFL is getting more boring thanks to all the ridiculous rules and the overbearing officiating.

Plus all the ads. Sunday nights in particular are just ridiculous: Touchdown, ad. Return 30 seconds for extra point, ad. Kickoff downed in endzone, ad. Give me a break.

Top Bottom