Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I somewhat agree

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know who the two on the left are, and agree with Emmitt being up there, but why is Rynie on the far right?

2nd to camera left is DeMarco Murray. I know he broke the season rushing record, but c'mon, Mr.Po!

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That's a very tough call, can't argue with the selections of Roger Bob, and Emmitt.

Michael is one of the greatest ever, but the 4th best player in Cowboy history? Bob Hayes revolutionized the WR position. He was the inspiration for the design of the zone defense.

One year the Cowboys drafted 3 quarterbacks with the goal of finding at least one quarterback in the world that could throw the ball long enough to where Hayes didn't have to stop, turn around, and go back for the ball.

The former Olympic gold medalist and record breaker for the 100 yard dash averaged 20.8 yards a punt return in 1968. No other NFL player has topped that since.

In 1970 he averaged 26.1 yards a reception. No other NFL player has topped that since.

I gotta give it to Hayes over Irvin.

Reaction score
Irvin over Hayes x10000. Irvin wouldn't have lollygagged like a cold little puss like Hayes did in the Ice Bowl

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
finding at least one quarterback in the world that could throw the ball long enough to where Hayes didn't have to stop, turn around, and go back for the ball.
That's called a "great throw" today.

Statman you gotta realize most of the denizens here weren't even a glint in their daddy's eye when Bullet Bob was destroying the NFL. So, take their comments with the proper amount of sodium chloride.:crapcheer

Reaction score
4th quater, 3rd and 8. Need a first down to stay alive. Who do want going to get that ball? Irvin or one dimensional Hayes?

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, and Emmitt Smith are locks. Michael Irvin is in a group of 3 to 5 that have a valid argument for being that 4th guy. I've already mentioned Bob Hayes.

Mel Renfro was a Pro Bowler for 10 consecutive years beginning as a rookie, he was a shutdown corner before the term was ever phrased. He was extremely dangerous in both kickoff and punt returns, he played for 14 years, played in the two NFL championship games against the Packers and played in 4 Super Bowls. One year they called upon him to carry the ball as a RB for two games and he averaged 6.5 yards a carry.

OLB Chuck Howley was Sean Lee without the injuries, a consummate playmaker. The bigger the game, the more he contributed. The original #54 was a Pro Bowler 7 consecutive years and an All-Pro 5 consecutive years. He is known mostly as the first Super Bowl MVP that played defense as well the the first and only to play for a losing team. However, it has been argued that he should have also been the Super Bowl MVP the following year. In that game, against the Dolphins, Howley recovered the only fumble Larry Czonka had the entire season. In the 4th quarter, with the Dolphins at midfield, he intercepted a pass, running it down to the Cowboy 9 yard line.

Only Bob Lilly made more Pro Bowls than Larry Allen, only two Cowboy players were selected more often as All Pros. Larry Allen made the Pro Bowl 10 of his 12 years as a Cowboy. But this is only half the story. Larry switched positions 4 different times, in 1994 he started at RT, the following 3 years he started at RG, then LT in 1998 before finishing the last 7 seasons at LG. He made 1st team All-Pro at 3 different positions. Unfortunately, his dominance took place mostly during the Cowboys struggling years, he started only 1 Super Bowl. Otherwise, I think he would have been the unchallenged 4th Cowboy hands down.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, and Emmitt Smith are locks.
In my mind Emmitt sealed his HoF and every other kudo he might get and did get, in that Giants game where he played with the separated shoulder.

Top Bottom