superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do you even know what ad hominem means?
It sorta like you calling people retards and fucking idiots, and nothing at all like sarcastic dismissals...

You can thank me silently for that bit of info.

generally I fold my poignant insults into my devastating rebuttals to your idiotic points.

I don't just go LOL Bill Maher and then ignore anything said.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah you do. You probably just forget out of convenience and rest on the fact most will be too lazy to search your post history.
Silly bastard.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I mean fuck - there are instruction IN the bible for how to abort fetuses (and also how to kill infants - you know ones that have been born already - as long as they aren't Israelites) and we have this held up in Catholic El Salvador because the backwards writings in your bullshit holy book are allegedly completely unyielding on this point? So we can't remove what is essentially a lifeless bunch of cells to save an actual life because every sperm is sacred? And the unwashed masses still don't see a problem with it...

Reaction score
Whether this is true or not, so what?

It is true that people have killed in the name of Christianity but Christianity wasn't the cause, the bastardization of Christianity of some people is the cause. Jesus said love your neighbors like yourself and if people would follow that then war and genocide would have never been carried out in the name of Jesus or Christianity.

This is something I found that speaks to some of the discussion. I won't call it all inclusive nor completely accurate just food for thought.

Deaths Caused by Christians:

1562-1598 – French Wars of Religion – France – 4 million
1095-1291 – Crusades to the Holy Land – Middle East, Spain, Africa – 1.5 million (This does include all sides of the conflict)
1184-c. 1860 – Various Christian Inquisitions – Europe – 17,500

6 million deaths caused by Christians.

Deaths caused by non-Christians:

184-205 – Yellow Scarves Rebellion (Taoists) – China – 7 million
1300s-1521 – Human Sacrifices (Aztecs) – Mexico – 1 million
1855-1877 – Panthay Rebellion (Muslims) – China – 12 million
1932-1933 – Holodomor (communist atheists) – Ukraine – 10 million
1941-1945 – Nazi Genocides (statist atheists) – Germany – 11 million
1959-1962 – Great Leap Forward famine (communist atheists) – China – 43 million
1971 – Bangladesh Atrocities (Islamists) – East Pakistan – 3 million
1975-1979 – Khmer Rouge Repression (communist atheists) – Cambodia – 3 million
September 11, 2007 – Terrorist attacks (Muslim Jihadists) – USA – 5,000

The deaths caused by non-Christians – approximately 90 MILLION!

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
bro don't act like there's not ALOT more in the bible than Jesus's touchy feely bullshit. Go read some Joshua and Psalms and whatnot, some passages about devoting every man woman and children to the sword and also smashing kids heads against rocks will do you good.

So it's not like they just bastardized Christianity, the shit is in there and they were hellbent on spreading it.

your chart is neither inclusive or accurate.

Reaction score
bro don't act like there's not ALOT more in the bible than Jesus's touchy feely bullshit. Go read some Joshua and Psalms and whatnot, some passages about devoting every man woman and children to the sword and also smashing kids heads against rocks will do you good.

So it's not like they just bastardized Christianity, the shit is in there and they were hellbent on spreading it.

The Old Testament was the old covenant with God the New Testament is the new covenant, which is what Christianity is about.

Christianity isn't about hate, isn't about violence, and isn't about passing judgement. People gave bastardized it to fit their agendas but that isn't what it's about. You've seen my views and I am a Christian. Judge for yourself though, I doubt I can change your mind.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

The difference is, they aren't proverbs and admonitions, they are historical accounts in most instances.
If you read the Bible you can tell the difference between God using man for judgement against societies that have gone too far and man acting on his own.

Bless you my son.

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey, what do you call a procrastinating Russian?

Stalin.

Womp womp woooooooooomp.....

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Old Testament was the old covenant with God the New Testament is the new covenant, which is what Christianity is about.

Yeah if any actual Christians really believed this then things would be pretty sweet. (unfortunately, even in the NT peeps like Paul were more concerned with telling people HOW to treat their slaves rather than saying "um guys we probably shouldn't have slaves")

Your version - the one you think is "pure" is a pretty recent invention. Maybe it was like that until Constantine got ahold of it but if you think you're practicing the Xtianity that MOST christians have practiced throughout history or are currently practicing you're out of your goddammed mind man. That is absolutely not the norm.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
It all starts with one joke.
Then it's all down hill from there.

Reaction score
Yeah if any actual Christians really believed this then things would be pretty sweet. (unfortunately, even in the NT peeps like Paul were more concerned with telling people HOW to treat their slaves rather than saying "um guys we probably shouldn't have slaves")

Your version - the one you think is "pure" is a pretty recent invention. Maybe it was like that until Constantine got ahold of it but if you think you're practicing the Xtianity that MOST christians have practiced throughout history or are currently practicing you're out of your goddammed mind man. That is absolutely not the norm.

It isn't a recent invention it is the way it was meant to be, people have corrupted it over the years.

Top Bottom