C

Cr122

Cowboys WR Roy Williams hears the boos
Posted at 2:08 PM on Fri., Aug. 27, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Felix Jones ran a pass route in practice earlier this week. None of the fans said a word when the ball was overthrown.

A few minutes later, a pass to Roy Williams sailed high and several fans began to shout at the Cowboys receiver to "come on.'' He got similar treatment in San Antonio where he was often booed for an incompletion, whether it was his fault or not.

"No question, they booed me,'' Williams said of the fan response during this camp. "I'm the bad guy.

"It's fine. It doesn't bother me.''

Don't believe that. But it is a departure. Williams was a fan favorite at Detroit and said he's been popular everywhere he's played. How has he handled the criticism?

"It's a good challenge for me,'' Williams said. "I'm anxious to see if I have a good year, how many of those boos and "go back to Detroit'' chants will turn into man, I'm so glad you came.'

C

Cr122

He's another one, he needs to produce this year or we need to move on.

Same said for Martellus Bennett.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's another one, he needs to produce this year or we need to move on.

Same said for Martellus Bennett.

Why the fuck people are hard on Bennett for having a sophmore slump? How many years passed before Austin produce, and nobody ditched him?

C

Cr122

Why the fuck people are hard on Bennett for having a sophmore slump? How many years passed before Austin produce, and nobody ditched him?

I treated Austin the same way, and he proved himself, so I'll give him that. I was wrong.

sbk92

Reaction score
Phillips is a better football player than Bennett.

Bennett's all potential. He lacks the head to get there.

Top Bottom