yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just need xwalker to review the film and tell me how this guys T.O.

man, it cracks me up watching people argue about players, especially at CZ, its astonishing how they're so damn certain about their opinions with so little information, so much hubris.....

Its like two blind men arguing over whether a woman is pretty or not.

Reaction score
At least Butler is fast. If they are going to bring an irrelevant in for a few weeks, at least he can outrun T Willy and Streets

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Traded for Brice Butler from Raiders

Scouting Report: Film Shows Brice Butler As Talented But Inconsistent WR

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:54 PM CDT

By Bryan Broaddus
Football Analyst/Scout
@BryanBroaddus

Name: Brice Butler
Position: WR
Height: 6-3
Weight: 205
College: San Diego State
Draft: 207th overall by Oakland, 2013

Games Studied: 2015 preseason vs. STL, MIN, ARZ, SEA

Report: Brice Butler has all the measurables that scouts look for in a receiver. He’s listed with 4.39 speed coming out of college, but when you watch him play, it takes him a few strides before he is hitting top gear.

I would not call him a sudden player or initially quick, but he can cover some ground once he gets going. He had a nice slant in the Arizona game where he showed a little burst inside against press coverage. Was used on bubble screens out of the slot where he was able to get going once he had the ball in his hands.

He dropped what would have been a sure touchdown on a “stutter- go” against Seattle, where he sold the route well – then was able to gain vertical separation. Showed good body control in that same game against the Seahawks, where he got behind the corner and was able to high-point a ball while getting both feet in bounds. He absolutely had to find space on the play, and he was able to do that.

There are snaps where he plays like he is tall, or too upright, when he is running routes. He’ll almost come to a stop to make a cut or curl back for the ball. He will need work here to be cleaner in his routes. On a similar note, I would like to see him take more of an advantage of his size when running his routes. He gets beaten up going down the field -- needs to fight the defender better.

He turned down a slant against the Seahawks where he took a peek at the safety inside and didn’t finish. He does have an idea of what to do with the ball in his hands. He had a touchdown against St. Louis where he caught an option route underneath and showed a burst into the end zone.

For a tall guy, he’s got a knack for making tacklers miss in space. He has talent to be more than just a flash player, but I would like to see him be more consistent with the opportunities that he gets.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We traded a late round pick for a young receiver will all the measureables. I'm cool with that, although it'll make April a little less exciting.

Remember we're going to get 3 or 4 comp picks.

I believe this wasn't a straight up trade of a pick for the player, we traded our 5th but got the player + their 6th I think

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Remember we're going to get 3 or 4 comp picks.

I believe this wasn't a straight up trade of a pick for the player, we traded our 5th but got the player + their 6th I think

I have no problem with this low risk deal, its refreshing not to have to worry about jerri giving the farm away for a receiver

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Of course, if you're not throwing downfield the speed is worth what exactly, that you don't already have?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He caught the attention of Brown's coach Mike Pettine once. He's been buried behind the depth chart because he makes too many mental errors according to a Bay Bridge area sports reporter.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Of course, if you're not throwing downfield the speed is worth what exactly, that you don't already have?

Decoy babay!

who knows, it doesn't look like there are many options out there and its tough to be too optimistic and about skimming the bottom of the Raiders roster, maybe Tony can bring out the best in him so he can help keep us in the hunt while we're waiting for players to return

I sure hope the injury bug is done with Dallas but thats probably a longshot

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I sure hope the injury bug is done with Dallas but thats probably a longshot
Yep not catching the breaks on that, this year. Not so far. Long season though, could be the last of it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep not catching the breaks on that, this year. Not so far. Long season though, could be the last of it.

hope so, we both thought the team would have a rough start

There's a chance this rough patch develops some depth and maybe a break out player or two, if they can manage to stay in the hunt and finish strong, I'd be thrilled

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There's a chance this rough patch develops some depth and maybe a break out player or two
Bringing in some guy to temporarily take Dez's roster spot sort of takes away some of that, of course depending on how many touches they dedicate to the new guy. Guys don't ever get a chance to break out if we don't lean on them to step the fuck up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly! Beasley needs to step up! He has the potential but hasn't been given the touches to make it to the next level. We know Whitten will get more touches and will shine. But Williams really needs to prove he can play with the big boys while Dez is out. I would love to see Lucky explode into a big time receiver while Dez' foot heals.

I hope our depth chart takes advantage of this time while they can. When Dez comes back he's going to be ball hungry and big play starved so the rest of the players need to make a huge statement while they have the opportunity

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly! Beasley needs to step up! He has the potential but hasn't been given the touches to make it to the next level. We know Whitten will get more touches and will shine. But Williams really needs to prove he can play with the big boys while Dez is out. I would love to see Lucky explode into a big time receiver while Dez' foot heals.

I hope our depth chart takes advantage of this time while they can. When Dez comes back he's going to be ball hungry and big play starved so the rest of the players need to make a huge statement while they have the opportunity

The -Bar Boys: DunBAR and EscoBAR

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anyone know about the Raider receiver we picked up? I asked a couple buddies who are raider fans and even they couldn't tell me anything about him. Which is scary. LoL

Top Bottom