dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This could be something of significance. They've had Looney as backup C/G all year and by most accounts were happy with him. Let's hope Leary's back injury (this is why he didn't play Sunday) isn't a bigger concern than anyone thought. Seems odd they'd be discussing the addition of another backup interior OL.

The Dallas Cowboys have worked out former first-round pick, guard Jonathan Cooper, according to multiple sources, and are discussing whether to add him to the active roster. Cooper, who was the seventh overall pick in 2013 by the Arizona Cardinals, was released last week by the Cleveland Browns. It's not clear how he would fit in the roster with the Cowboys looking to recall La'el Collins (toe) from injured reserve.

-Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Probably just due diligence. Front Office were very high on him before the 2013 draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Patriots cutting him speaks volumes IMO.

Was a throw in for nothing in Cards/Pats trade (Cards gave up on him). Belichick cut him. Browns cut him.

I know everyone loved this guy coming out, but it seems the guy just cant play.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Patriots cutting him speaks volumes IMO.

I agree

Belichick has repeatedly turned nobodies into some bodies and average talent into above average performance

So if they don't see any value in him then I trust that decision more so than anything that comes from our staff

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly sounds to me like he has a work ethic/ticker problem.

Just doesn't want to be a legit NFL player. Supposedly his tape at UNC was great and his physical skills wowed everyone.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If it's just a ticker problem then who cares

We only need him for three games

Ride that horse till it dies

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If it's just a ticker problem then who cares

We only need him for three games

Ride that horse till it dies

He's washed out three times now. That horse is ready for the glue factory I think.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Honestly sounds to me like he has a work ethic/ticker problem.

Just doesn't want to be a legit NFL player. Supposedly his tape at UNC was great and his physical skills wowed everyone.

Dude still struggles with the strength aspect of the position.

Kind of telling that he's washed out at OG which is one of the easiest positions to play in the NFL.

Top Bottom