ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How bad must Christian Ponder have looked for them to give up on that idea and actually trade a draft pick?

Reaction score
How bad must Christian Ponder have looked for them to give up on that idea and actually trade a draft pick?

I remember when ponder was declared the savior in Minny. That notion lasted all of 2 games. He did use whatever bullshit props he acquired in order to bag a hot wife though. Points for that. Terrible QB. The situation there was not too bad either. He had a silver platter compared to other QB failures.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, he had Adrian Peterson to hand off to and still couldn't do anything.

It's really shocking that he was a #12 overall pick. He and Jake Locker that year just show how QB poor the game is right now.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You don't give up draft picks to acquire a vet like Cassell without the intention of him starting over Weeden, despite Jerry's proclamations of faith in Weeden --- we all know Jerry says one ting and does entirely another.

Hopefully Cassell can and will get up to speed quickly. An added bonus would to be to activate Michael.

Reaction score
Cassel knows "the system". Trained by Norv. That's why. Same with Weeden. Similar to Jason Garrett, Weeden is not a winner by any stretch, but appears to be trained well.

Reaction score
Sorry Dooms.

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George

The Buffalo Bills have signed former Dallas Cowboys QB Dustin Vaughan to their practice squad today.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well shit.....

Too bad we couldn't just trade the two bastards and call it even instead of giving up a 5th rounder and getting nothing in return for Vaughan

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well shit.....

Too bad we couldn't just trade the two bastards and call it even instead of giving up a 5th rounder and getting nothing in return for Vaughan
There's really nothing you can get for a UDFA you already cut loose. He had no trade value anyway and even less after Romo goes down.

But your point is taken, I am not sure we come out ahead in this exchange. I still believe my fellow alumnus Vaughan winds up successful in the NFL, somewhere.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do I feel safer with Cassel backing up Weeded over Vaughan? Yes

So I feel safe? Not in the least!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do I feel safer with Cassel backing up Weeded over Vaughan? Yes

So I feel safe? Not in the least!

Cassell hopefully will overtake Vaughn. Not sure what you expect but Cassell is not a bad option.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Vaughan is already gone to the Bills. They signed him already

Top Bottom