GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And that is offset by the "amazing" job they did with Livings, Bernadeau, Vickers and Connor. Sorry, picking up people like Frampton, Peprah, Poppinga and Armstrong doesn't offset that.

Those guys don't make decisions on our FA signings. No fuckin way. Jerry does all that.

Picking up scrubs off the street like Peprah doesn't mean shit. It's hard as fuck to hit on these guys.

And frampton is one of our best special teams players.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ernie Sims? Another player picked up off the streets. Came in and has been productive for us

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
George Selvie? Just making the team is an accomplishment for these bums.

Do you guys think there are pro bowlers out there that nobody wants?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nick Hayden is starting for us. Just bc Jerry sucks doesn't mean the pro guys aren't doing well

What kind of expectations do you guys have for scrubs off the street? I don't get it

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cross posting what? Bc I think we suck in some areas and don't suck in others? I think it's retarded to say the pro department hasn't been productive. That's like saying we don't find UDFA gems. It's the same thing.

It's precisely why this team is 8-8.

You are aware there are teams that win less than 8 games a year right?

I'm well aware there are teams that win more than 8 games. It's an average franchise. But that doesn't mean this team doesn't do well in certain areas.

That's like saying Sean lee isn't a good player bc we are 8-8..

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's because the FO is so bad that there are so many opportunities for UDFA's and street guys.

Our top 10 roster talent can compete with anyone's.

Our roster spots 35 through 53 are probably in the bottom 3 in the NFL.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
^^^ yeah. That's definitely part of it. But that's not their fault. Their Job is to find street FAs. And they do

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
"We has the same last name so he may be great here cuz we might be related and how many chances we have to get a guy named Edgar? Teh chiefs also says 5 other teams gunna trade if we don't you wanna look like dummy idiot?"

-Dumbest mfer alive.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They got way too much credit for Laurent Robinson and Tony Fiammetta two years ago, but neither are on the team.

The players since have been average for the most part. And the free agents we signed in free agency in 2011 were absolutely horrific.

Not to mention whoever saw the amazing talent Roy William & decided to bring him from Detroit.

That trade pretty much killed any faith/trust I had left in this organization.

I can understand missing with a high draft pic on a rookie who has never played in the NFL, but to give amount of draft picks they gave up to acquire RW and be so freaking wrong about his ability to play after having been in the league as long as he had been is simply astounding to me.

As you can tell, I'm still bitter and pissed about it, mainly because its a glaring example of how poorly the zoo is run

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good points Glorydays,

Its mystifying to me how the team seemingly is able to find quality UDFA and guys off the street but consistently miss on guys they are able to draft. Where's the disconnect? My memory sucks, but it seems undrafted players seem to beat out guys that were drafted in the same draft more than I would expect.

Somethings odd there, the easy answer is its JJ's fault but I'd love to know the specific cause of the disconnect, whether it be random chance or some specific thing that occurs in the draft that doesn't occur when the personnel people identify free agents & UDFA's

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cross posting what? Bc I think we suck in some areas and don't suck in others? I think it's retarded to say the pro department hasn't been productive. That's like saying we don't find UDFA gems. It's the same thing.

It is not the same thing. It is basically saying our scouts could know what they are doing but our GM and the head of college scouting don't listen to them enough to make the best picks to ensure we aren't bidding against 31 other teams.

And it is also one thing to say they have been productive, especially when you use the word "amazing".

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Good points Glorydays,

Its mystifying to me how the team seemingly is able to find quality UDFA and guys off the street but consistently miss on guys they are able to draft. Where's the disconnect? My memory sucks, but it seems undrafted players seem to beat out guys that were drafted in the same draft more than I would expect.

Somethings odd there, the easy answer is its JJ's fault but I'd love to know the specific cause of the disconnect, whether it be random chance or some specific thing that occurs in the draft that doesn't occur when the personnel people identify free agents & UDFA's

The disconnect is our decision makers, namely Jerry Jones.

He's got coaches in one ear and scouts in the other. He's incapable of making his own qualified observations on what players fit the team the best, so he has to filter though all the noise to make the final call.

As our spotty track record in the drafts goes, he's at the mercy of his own ears and who yells for whom the loudest.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The disconnect is our decision makers, namely Jerry Jones.

He's got coaches in one ear and scouts in the other. He's incapable of making his own qualified observations on what players fit the team the best, so he has to filter though all the noise to make the final call.

As our spotty track record in the drafts goes, he's at the mercy of his own ears and who yells for whom the loudest.

:puke

does anyone else feel a sense of rage when seeing or hearing Jerry Jones? I'd love to smash him in the face and break his jaw so we dont have to hear his nonsense

Reaction score
:lol

Wow. Trading for a special teamer.

Didnt we just have a special teams draft a few years ago?

What.In.The.Fuck?

They are all gone now pay attention. Mastermind GM at work. Dallas Cowboys< :mock >rest of the NFL

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not to mention whoever saw the amazing talent Roy William & decided to bring him from Detroit.

That trade pretty much killed any faith/trust I had left in this organization.

I can understand missing with a high draft pic on a rookie who has never played in the NFL, but to give amount of draft picks they gave up to acquire RW and be so freaking wrong about his ability to play after having been in the league as long as he had been is simply astounding to me.

As you can tell, I'm still bitter and pissed about it, mainly because its a glaring example of how poorly the zoo is run

To my understanding, plenty of scouts and others tried to warn Jerry against the trade.

Top Bottom