C

Cr122

The problem with hiring a Ben Bloom is you're right back into the 'who's the real head coach?' thing that went on with Wade and Garrett. It confuses the players. They don't know who really holds the power.

That's why I said in the other thread, is JG really in charge of putting his staff together, and does he have the authority to sign or cut players.

None knows but the Ego maniac Jones.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's a ballsy move by Rob Ryan though.

Now if he fails it's because he sucks and who needs ya.

And if he succeeds it's because he had Ben Bloom.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ben Bloom walked into Valley Ranch with his zipper down. There were no survivors.

R.I.P

sdogo

Reaction score

He has a reputation as a film junkie. One of the best at breaking down opponents game film.

I'm sure he will be out of sight and out of mind except to Rob Ryan when designing the weeks game plan.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He has a reputation as a film junkie. One of the best at breaking down opponents game film.

I'm sure he will be out of sight and out of mind except to Rob Ryan when designing the weeks game plan.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'll start with that.

I haven't looked forward to a(n) offseason/next season this much since Bill Parcells was hired.

I know nothing of this guy Bloom, but Garrett/Ryan has me amped.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The problem with hiring a Ben Bloom is you're right back into the 'who's the real head coach?' thing that went on with Wade and Garrett. It confuses the players. They don't know who really holds the power.

Most defensive coordinators have input on whom they hire under them. Its the same for offensive coordinators.

This happens more frequesntly when the HC is more versed on one side of the ball rather than the other.

Your just throwing shit out there again to stir crap up. There's absolutely no question about who making all these final decisions.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's why I said in the other thread, is JG really in charge of putting his staff together, and does he have the authority to sign or cut players.

None knows but the Ego maniac Jones.

WTF dude? How does hiring Bllom as an asst say anything like that?

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeah, nobody's criticizing the hire. We're having fun with the fact nobody knows anything about the guy.

Reaction score
Seems like a good hire. Nice to see us bringing in guys like this, especially on the defensive side. Rob's staff is looking good so far (and I still have hope for Maxie.)

sbk92

Reaction score
Ryan will bring in another staffer from Cleveland

Gerry Fraley / Reporter

New Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan plans on adding another member of his staff with Cleveland: assistant Ben Bloom.

Bobby King held the job, which focuses heavily on video breakdown and meeting all other needs of the coordinator, with last season's staff. It is not known if King will be re-assigned or leave the organization.

The Cowboys previously added Matt Eberflus, who handled linebackers with Cleveland during the last two seasons.

Bloom coached for three years at the collegiate level with Tufts and Harvard before joining the Browns for the 2009 season. Based on comments made during a media session last December, Ryan developed an affection for Bloom.

``The guy is upstairs (working) all the time, never goes home,'' Ryan said .``The guy's a phenomenal worker. What a huge upgrade this guy is for us on defense. He does a lot of great things.''

Top Bottom