dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Also, yes, blaming Marinelli is wrong IMO. He's a proven coordinator who has been around for decades. Ten points allowed should win any NFL game, even with a backup QB. Musers were saying Tampa had the 32nd-ranked red zone defense in the league and we can't score more than two FGs? Awful.

I'm one of the biggest Marinelli fans out there, but he deserves his share of the blame. The defense was flat out awful vs Atlanta and New England in the 2nd halves of those games. It was terrible vs Philly after the first quarter a couple weeks ago. They've failed miserably every game this season to hold leads once they got them and they've basically made no plays of real consequence in 7 or 8 of 9 games played.

This has been a 100% clusterfuck season all the way around. Not one coach on this staff should be back here next year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think every rational fan believes Marinelli should be blamed.

I think the issue is blaming him (or anyone) instead of Garrett.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

That's 100% wrong too. Garrett is at the top of the list with Jerry.

I just think the whole things been a catastrophic failure this yr, enough so that nobody should survive.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Marinell can be blamed, but seriously... your offense goes 3 and out so much, that's going to take it's toll on the defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Marinell can be blamed, but seriously... your offense goes 3 and out so much, that's going to take it's toll on the defense.

They noted yesterday during the game the Cowboys lead the league in TOP and number of drives over 5 mins long

Reaction score
It starts and ends with Garrett. The defense has only been glaringly poor a couple of times, and that is just how things go in today's NFL. The game is rigged for offenses to thrive.

This team makes zero adjustments and has had no creativity. They've tried to stick with the same Romo Success Plan, and they've been exposed. That's all on Ginger. The offense has been atrocious because he's using a formula that only works with all-pro players at the QB and RB positions. No other veteran coach in the league needs a Pro Bowler at all 22 positions.

When's the last time Dallas took advantage of a great matchup, or shocked a team with some new innovative plays? I see that shit every Sunday in other games.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Example is that the Cowboys saw first hand how the Pats make receivers like Julian Endelman successful but refuse to do the same with the Endelman clone of their own.

Reaction score
:towel

Was just about to post another rant about why the hell these guys love him so much they let him get away with these empty answers after his team puts out another disgusting performance. They feel so bad for him personally that they refuse to hold him accountable for anything. He might squirm a little if they press him, and they don't want that. Why? Aren't they supposed to be the conduit to the fan? Don't they realize fans are pissed and want some answers? Why do they put Jason's feelings above their job? It's bizarre to me.

Also, yes, blaming Marinelli is wrong IMO. He's a proven coordinator who has been around for decades. Ten points allowed should win any NFL game, even with a backup QB. Musers were saying Tampa had the 32nd-ranked red zone defense in the league and we can't score more than two FGs? Awful.

There are a couple of people that seem off limits to criticism. Garrett is one. What about Terrance Williams? He does absolutely nothing.

Reaction score
Example is that the Cowboys saw first hand how the Pats make receivers like Julian Endelman successful but refuse to do the same with the Endelman clone of their own.

The Pats seem to have a different offense every year depending on their personnel. They change their formations and schemes almost every week depending who they are playing. With so much video coverage of everything, the key to winning is being novel and surprising: staying one step ahead of diagnostics.

But we play with a playbook from 1996.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The Pats seem to have a different offense every year depending on their personnel. They change their formations and schemes almost every week depending who they are playing. With so much video coverage of everything, the key to winning is being novel and surprising: staying one step ahead of diagnostics.

But we play with a playbook from 1996.

Yup. If you gear up to stop the pass, the Pats will gash the run down your throat and viceversa. They innovate and stick with what works; then if and when it's solved, they just pick up the pieces and start over again.

We just run on first down.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
There are a couple of people that seem off limits to criticism. Garrett is one. What about Terrance Williams? He does absolutely nothing.

He averages 17 yards a catc...oh wait, he used to.

What kills me about him is that this offseason he moronically let the world know that he quit on plays last year when the ball wasn't going his way.

Looks like he reverted back to form. If anything else, he just gave his critics ammo to use against him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest Marinelli fans out there, but he deserves his share of the blame. The defense was flat out awful vs Atlanta and New England in the 2nd halves of those games. It was terrible vs Philly after the first quarter a couple weeks ago. They've failed miserably every game this season to hold leads once they got them and they've basically made no plays of real consequence in 7 or 8 of 9 games played.

This has been a 100% clusterfuck season all the way around. Not one coach on this staff should be back here next year.

I totally agree

No coach should be safe
It's time to wipe the slate clean and start over with new coaches

Last year was obviously a fluke
We've upgraded our defense with good players like Jones, Gregory and Hardy. We have improved our D but we still can't defend a lead, we can't make the stops when it matters the most

We proved that Weeden shouldn't be the back up. We brought in Cassel who was an upgrade but he still wasn't able to win a single game.

Our special teams can't return for shit and we give up big plays to lose games

We have each of the three perform well or at least good enough to win. But then one of the other sides can't perform. We haven't had a single game where all three play well in the same game.

And here we sit at 2-7. When in fact we got lucky against NYG and should really be 1-8.

Our defense gets gassed in the fourth quarter repeatedly. And that is on the coaches for not getting or keeping these guys in shape.

The sad thing is "if" Romo comes back and somehow gets us to the post season it won't matter. We aren't a good enough team to take the next step. Even if Romo gets the offense running like we know he can our defense or special teams will screw up and either blow the lead or just outright lose us the game

It wouldn't matter what team we might play in the play offs. We aren't good enough and don't have coaches that are capable of winning when everything is on the line.

We will get knocked out of the play offs in the first game

The worst part is Romo might do enough to save the season. But for what? It would be just enough to screw up our draft and give is a difficult schedule for next year.

All I care about at this point is that we don't lose anyone else to injury

The season has gone to shit and we are better off for next year if it stays that way.

I don't want Romo doing enough to save Garret's job and handicap is for yet another miserable 8-8 season

Everyone is talking like Romo will come back and we will win every game and win the division. That's just not realistic!

Look at how Romo performed the first two games. Against the NYG he threw 3 TD to 2 INT. Against PHI he didn't throw a single TD before he was knocked out of the game. Weeden was the one that came in and threw the only TD to help win the game.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He averages 17 yards a catc...oh wait, he used to.

What kills me about him is that this offseason he moronically let the world know that he quit on plays last year when the ball wasn't going his way.

Looks like he reverted back to form. If anything else, he just gave his critics ammo to use against him.

T Willy had his best opportunity to prove he is worthy of more throws his way while Dez was out. He had the opportunity to prove he could be a number one receiver. Instead he proved just the opposite by not getting open and dropping balls.

Reaction score
It's funny that Garrett and co. will see the Pats do something successful, then try to bring in similar personnel to run those types of plays. They can identify what the Pats are doing, they just have no clue how to implement it. Like, let's just draft Gavin Escobar and make some vague references to the Patriots running 2 TE offense... 3 years later, guy has less than 30 catches.

Reaction score
Norm Hitzges going on one of his epic rants on Jerry because he's neutered poor wittle Jason and the HC is completely powerless to do anything.

Just like he did a couple of years ago during 8-8 part three. Of course last year Garrett got the credit for the 12-4.

Poor, disadvantaged Garrett. My heart weeps for him.

Here's the Norm rant.

I know most of us give Garrett a hefty dose of blame here... and he deserves it. But he's only the symptom of the real issue. Hoping Jerry fires him (deservedly) and brings in another HC who can turn things around is insanity. He's never going to give away control of personnel decisions, discipline, or telling a HC who's going to play/start, etc. again. Parcells was the last hope there. All we can hope for is that the Grim Reaper comes for him sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom