C

Cr122

Cowboys' Roy Williams: Michael Irvin's comment 'lit me up'
Posted at 1:45 PM on Fri., Sep. 10, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams said he will use a derogatory comment about him by Michael Irvin as a motivational tool for this season.

Irvin, a Hall of Fame wide receiver with the Cowboys, told the NFL channel's Total Access show that his former team is playing ``10 vs. 11'' when Williams is on the field. Irvin openly lobbied for rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant to get playing time in Williams' place.

``That lit my fire,'' Williams said on Friday. ``It just lit me up. ... That got me going.''

Williams said he holds no animosity toward to Irvin and would welcome him into his home. Williams pointed out ``Dez is his boy'' and that figured in Irvin's rip of him.

Williams is coming off a poor season in which he had only 38 catches for 596 yards and seven touchdowns. He also tied for 12th in the league for drops with eight. He vowed overall improvement

``I'm going to do my job and let it happen,'' Williams said. ``I put in the work and the time. It's going to happen. ... I was on the top of the drops list (in 2009). I promise you that I won't even be close to that.''

In four exhibition games, Williams caught five of the 13 passes thrown to him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So now you are "lit up" Roy?

So what does this mean?

You telling us that you were not lit up before?

Why not? Why does it take for someone to say something unsavory about you to get you lit up?

If you had anything in you, your play from last season should have done that.

Last edited:
C

Cr122

Williams is coming off a poor season in which he had only 38 catches for 596 yards and seven touchdowns. He also tied for 12th in the league for drops with eight. He vowed overall improvement

Well, I know I said he would grab 65 catches this year, but I've looked it over a little more, and now I am going to say 50. I think Dez,Witten and Miles will get the bulk of the catches.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I just hope he shaves that piss poor beard before tomorrow night.

C

Cr122

Roy should of been lit up just 2 play for the cowboys instead of the lions

No shit, if I knew I was being traded to the Cowboys you bet your ass I would play better than I was in Detroit.

sbk92

Reaction score
No shit, if I knew I was being traded to the Cowboys you bet your ass I would play better than I was in Detroit.

Well then you're a dog and I wouldn't want you in my locker room.

Who decides to play harder when traded? A loser, that's who.

C

Cr122

Well then you're a dog and I wouldn't want you in my locker room.

Who decides to play harder when traded? A loser, that's who.

Alright. let me say this again.

I would play just as well as I did in Detroit. Happy?

Reaction score
roy did have a bad work ethic in detroit but they did have a shitty line and never really had the quarterback to get the balls 2 their WR's but that doesnt explain the bad work ethic

C

Cr122

roy did have a bad work ethic in detroit but they did have a shitty line and never really had the quarterback to get the balls 2 their WR's but that doesnt explain the bad work ethic

Kitna and Williams had a good chemistry in Detroit.

Remember the game against us?

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Problem is Roy and Romo cannot seem to get on the same page...ever! Romo seems to overthrow Roy alot (I noticed that more this preseason). I am not saying Roy is all that, but it's like, they just cannot get it down to a science like Romo did with TO(and TO dropped alot of passes too). Not really sure what the issue is between Roy and Romo, just hope things work themselves this year......

Top Bottom