Reaction score
September, 20, 2011

By Calvin Watkins

The Cowboys released cornerback Bryan McCann on Tuesday.

With the team thin at wide receiver, the team will sign Laurent Robinson, who was cut last week after he suffered a hamstring injury. McCann, who played at SMU, didn't play on defense in the Week 2 victory over the San Francisco 49ers because of the addition of Frank Walker, a veteran corner who moved up the depth chart because of injuries.

The expected return of Terence Newman this week from a groin injury and the emergence of Walker made McCann's future with the team in doubt.

As it stands now the Cowboys have only Alan Ball, Walker and Newman as the healthiest corners on the team. Mike Jenkins is still playing with some ailments and Orlando Scandrick is out for about two more weeks with a high ankle sprain.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys have issues at wide receiver.

Miles Austin probably won't play Monday night against the Washington Redskins, and Dez Bryant is still recovering from a thigh bruise. His status for the game is in question.

That leaves Jesse Holley, Kevin Ogletree, Dwayne Harris and now Robinson as the receivers.

Reaction score
I liked MCCann. Pulled for him to stick, and I think he still has a future as a 3rd or 4th corner/return man.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Was never a fan, so doesn't bother me.

It bothers me. McCann wasn't some special player, but he has been returning kicks for us, and playing in spots.

Cut the f'n 2nd kicker. What advantage has he been giving us by being on the roster?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It bothers me. McCann wasn't some special player, but he has been returning kicks for us, and playing in spots.

Cut the f'n 2nd kicker. What advantage has he been giving us by being on the roster?

He sucks at both spots.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
He sucks at both spots.

And? He's still more useful to this team than Beuhler is. I'd rather hang on to him then a 2nd kicker. If we churn later for another player, then McCann could have been cut loose. To keep Beuhler because we were told he'd kick every one out the back of the endzone, then watch him drop one short to be returned out past the 50 is a joke. A joke we saw turn into a FG just a couple days ago.

Reaction score
McCann did not suck either. I was actually quite please with his play against the Jets. Showed to be a sure tackler. Ryan clearly though was not a fan.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And? He's still more useful to this team than Beuhler is. I'd rather hang on to him then a 2nd kicker. If we churn later for another player, then McCann could have been cut loose. To keep Beuhler because we were told he'd kick every one out the back of the endzone, then watch him drop one short to be returned out past the 50 is a joke. A joke we saw turn into a FG just a couple days ago.

I have a feeling we're not going to miss him.

Top Bottom