C

Cr122

11:27 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 11, 2010
SportsDayDFW.com
Jerry Jones chatted with Jagger and Barsky on KRLD in Dallas and talked about a number of Cowboys-related topics. Here are some highlights from his appearance, as transcribed by SportsRadioInterviews.com:

On if he is considering options besides David Buehler at kicker:

“No. We are not looking to do that. We’re going all the way here with Buehler and we think that’s the right thing to do. He’s got the leg. The main thing is, as we all know, he’s got the strength. Also what’s important is his quickness with his timing. It’s all there. He’s certainly got the mentality. I don’t know when I have seen anybody with a better kicking mentality because he is a linebacker kicking.”

And on the Hall of Fame experience with Emmitt Smith:

“One of the most rewarding experiences that I have ever had. Certainly, in my top handful of things that I have done. It was just amazing. I rode in the parade with him. I could not believe the outpouring of respect that 200-some thousand fans had… I don’t know when that I’ve been more impressed by anything other than as to his remarks.”

On Dez Bryant’s health:

“The critical time for him is having that boot on and this time right here. It’s one of the hardest injuries to rehab for the people that are in charge of rehabbing the player because they (the players) feel like they can go. The issue here is that he probably could go. It would be painful, but he could go. It wouldn’t get any better. It would be chronic throughout the season. We’ve got the luxury of keeping him off that foot for ten days, two weeks, maybe longer. Then it’s mended to some degree and you don’t have a chronic situation. That’s what we are trying to do. But boy, you bet he wants to be out there.”

• • •

Top Bottom