Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
December 30, 2013 8:18 am ET

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones remains committed to coach Jason Garrett, despite the team's third-straight 8-8 finish and their fourth-straight season without a playoff appearance.

"I said that a month ago," Jones reiterated Sunday night (via ESPN), following Dallas' 24-22 loss to Philadelphia in the regular-season finale that determined the NFC East winner. "I stand by what I said a month ago."

And while Garrett's job appears safe, Jones wouldn't comment on the rest of the staff, including defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, who replaced Rob Ryan last offseason only to field one of the worst units in the NFL in 2013.

"I'm not discussing that at all," Jones said. "I have spoken a little more appropriate time here about three or four weeks ago. I said at that time that I was with Jason, that I thought that his future and what he's going to be doing with us was good. But this isn't the time and I don't even like the way it feels or looks to speak to anything about our coaches."

Kiffin, 73, has no plans on calling it a career and hopes to return to the Cowboys next season.

"I don't plan on retiring," Kiffin said. "I want to keep on coaching. I really would. It's no laughing matter. I'm proud to be a Cowboy. I'd like to get another shot next year. We'll see."

Garrett, who was promoted to head coach midway through the 2010 season when Wade Phillips was fired, sports a 29-27 record in Dallas.

Top Bottom